Do you like necromancy, crypts, and organ music? Then this is the band for you. Repeating a simple chorus section a dozen times doesn't make the fellows in Tombeau excited, they keep it moving. That's not to say they're entirely inventive, but if the riffs don't bash your skull into mush, I don't know what will get you off.

Quote by Dennis Reynolds
I did everything I could I don't understand why you couldn't get off, that's not my fault sometimes women just don't know how, I don't know what it is, sometimes it's just the guy that gets off

Another way to put it...This band oozes atmosphere of tombs, bleeding walls of red goo, skeletons dancing with the necromancers. An open casket full of maggots and rotting sick, the stench of repulsion filling the air with sweet stinging sensations that fulfill any necrophiliac lust you crave.

Don't miss this band before they are ignored and reappear ten years later as a "something something classic." "Unforgotten death metal classic" "unearthed crypt classic" "long forgotten classic" and so on. Please. Do yourself a favour, go buy Mephistophallique on vinyl and stop being girls. The perfect amount of filth for any day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3j4E7IPmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEYXtta-r5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Fyl7Zcq5s

Purchase Here
Die Hard
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 30, 2015,
Not bad for all the single note riffing going on. Reminds me of the Joined in Darkness formula, but way more punchy. Really fat mix, everything is brought forward except the bass kick (most appropriately!)

I'm a fan of the mix, the headbangable feel of it all. Don't know how often I would return to it, but I'm checking out the albums for sure.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
You get what I'm saying, in better words no less, but still! It's simplistic but fuses the sections so well I can't help but wreck crypts with it.

I appreciate your thoughts here, well said. But I can't help returning to such a ferocious mix. I keep coming back to it, far too straight forward to ignore. Packaged tightly.
It's the growers that stick with you. I can say for sure that this shit is mighty good for iron claws and scowling. What more should we concern ourselves with?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
For their material? Just the Mephistophallique reissue is available. I don't even think they're up to much as of late.

Outside of that, I think I might make a brief thread on some bands that I feel are doing their thing well tomorrow. Just a small collection and brief write up for each in my own awful prose.
Quote by severed-metal

Outside of that, I think I might make a brief thread on some bands that I feel are doing their thing well tomorrow. Just a small collection and brief write up for each in my own awful prose.

I've wanted to do something like this for a while now. I have stuff like my usual threads, things akin to Your Move in terms of creativity and other Metal musings I wouldn't mind transcribing to internet paper.

I would, for instance, at this very moment make a post in said thread about how Toteslaut by Nåstrond has a similar avalanching storm feeling that Pure Holocaust utilized so well but our storm is less glacially grim and more fanatic zealotry to blood codes and profane magicks. That Pure Holocaust comparison is only one ingredient to be found in this bold, yet delightfully straightforward concoction. Lord of the Woods has a narrative similar to the early (best) work of Aeternus, with the warfare drums and escalations.

Did I mention how fantastically unique this all sounds, despite never straying from being "just" Metal? An overlooked gem that deserves more examination.

Like for instance, what is that MAGIC going on throughout Akhkharu? What ever they did to that guitar I have no clue, but I keep coming back to it over and over throughout the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgl8YrT7OXU

Sounds like blood falling heavily from a vitriolic mouth.

I could update a thread like that daily. Plus no one would ever look at it, so that's a plus.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Aug 1, 2015,
I've heard Nastrond in passing, about it really. I'll listen to Nastrond fully later today on it and get something made for a thread. Pretty tuckered at the moment as good boys tend to be.

The nice thing about a thread like that is that there are always going to be releases coming out. Keep it condensed and accessible to the layman unwilling to rightclick>open in new tab and listen to multitude of noises in one sitting. Fear not one clickers, we will have that thread for you.
Quote by severed-metal
I've heard Nastrond in passing, about it really. I'll listen to Nastrond fully later today on it and get something made for a thread.

Definitely get back to me on your thoughts. I believe Nastrond to be a P.ure M.etal O.riginal through and through. I'll be using the new thread for more overlooked gems. Remember when barely anyone knew about Kvist? I put this album in the same league; Undiscovered but brimming with goodness.

Quote by severed-metal
Pretty tuckered at the moment as good boys tend to be.

This reads like a line from LISA.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Definitely get back to me on your thoughts. I believe Nastrond to be a P.ure M.etal O.riginal through and through.

You shalt bleed
Blood unto me
I am the beast
Of the forest

Those are my thoughts on Nastrond, this section caught my attention within two seconds of hearing it I was replaying the track. Lord of the Woods just did the weirdest things. When the track slows down and then into the blasts, but the wailing comes in, it sounds like a weakened dog, enjoyed thoroughly.

One more thing I'd like to note are the Akhuharu is the subtlety of the guitar and keyboard melodies playing behind the main riffs. There are certain ways of emphasizing sounds without losing the overall idea of the song and I think Nastrond hit that perfectly with this album.

I think I've listened to this album three or four times so far and it's not even close to getting old. I usually put it on while I'm out and about and Lord of the Woods catches me no matter what I'm doing.
Quote by severed-metal
Those are my thoughts on Nastrond, this section caught my attention within two seconds of hearing it I was replaying the track. Lord of the Woods just did the weirdest things.

The weirdest things! Yet they work so, so well. I hate to focus so much on the atmosphere, but can you dig up something with the same "Wolves guarding the coffin of Kali - Lord of Death" feeling you get here? This album has such an exotic scent to it but there is no mistaking it for a black metal album.

Quote by severed-metal
One more thing I'd like to note are the Akhuharu is the subtlety of the guitar and keyboard melodies playing behind the main riffs.

That lead tone, man. That lead tone slays me.

Quote by severed-metal
I think I've listened to this album three or four times so far and it's not even close to getting old. I usually put it on while I'm out and about and Lord of the Woods catches me no matter what I'm doing.

This ones a grower and a keeper for sure. Shades of Celtic Frost, early 90's BM and a huge serving of creativty keep me coming back throughout the many years.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Still hooked on this groovy death metal masterpiece. Maybe an exaggeration. It's very basically orchestrated black/death metal (sorry not blackened slam), but its weakened points are its greatest asset. The simple structure leads to brevity, the songs don't meander on one section. They build and release. Wonderful stuff.

Everything about it flows perfectly from one section to the next. Bass heavy too, a treat.
Man, they really need to put out some more material. The demo is cool, but the sound is murky to the point where I feel like some songs(specifically "ceremonie des lichs") suffer from the lack of clarity. Méphistophallique is 3 years old now, any news about more stuff coming out?
Like it's too busy? (referencing your "lack of clarity" comment) If so, I can definitely understand and respect that gripe.

No news! Go figure eh. Maybe I'll dig a little bit and see if they're still doing things. I'd love a full-length, with a bit more focus and refining on their sound and style. Would be very appreciated.
Quote by severed-metal
Like it's too busy? (referencing your "lack of clarity" comment) If so, I can definitely understand and respect that gripe.

Eh, it's more like when the music gets really busy the production turns it into a big mess. It's not to the point I can't make out what's happening, but if it was just slightly clearer production I think it would greatly improve the experience.

No news! Go figure eh. Maybe I'll dig a little bit and see if they're still doing things. I'd love a full-length, with a bit more focus and refining on their sound and style. Would be very appreciated.

I can't even find an official bandcamp, facebook, or anything. It's like NWN! pulled the demo out from the fucking void, which is rare these days.