Hi i have some money I would like to spend on some kind of guitar/music related stuff.

I have a recording project that is a full band effort but just me playing everything and I want to start doing some live stuff with that but it would be pretty limited.

So I could either invest in merchandise and CD printing for that to sell at live shows (the songs are done and about to be released for money via band camp )

I could upgrade an old Squire Jagmaster to play live with (not a fan of acoustic, i would want to use my effects live). The two guitars I have currently I would not want to take out with me as both have huge sentimental value and I would prefer to just record with (Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Jagstang).

But i've also wanted a new amp for a while, one of good quality, more of an accepted gigging amp etc. rather than a cheaper valve amp, and that does exactly what I want. At the moment I have a Fender Vaporizer and an Orange Micro Terror through a Jet City 112.
I'm interested in a Tiny Terror or a Blues Jr, or a more expensive Fender valve amp. I love the crunch tone on my Orange but I do have some songs which require cleans. I also have a selection of pedals and my main sound is a big fuzz using a Devi ever Shoegazer but atm, i'm not happy with my main distortion tone unless I almost crank the Fender and put it through the cab.

Suggestions? The music I play is grunge/punk and shoe gaze. Influences are pixies, Nirvana, Dino Jr and JAMC etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Upgrade your amp options so that you have a distortion tone you like.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah, amps should always be first priority in regards to tone.
[404]Signature not found
another +1 on the amp.

(maybe off topic) i saw a band a few months ago doing a friday night festival type thing. they had their CD's on a rack, and rather than selling them, they said "pay what you would like, just give them a listen. i will be damned that they had more money in their "tip/CD" bucket than i have EVER seen on a local festival. they probably went through 40 CD's, but they not only loaded up on tips, but they got their music out there and surely didn't lose any money.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Just to suggest something different, a powered speaker (at least 300w, 15"), an amp modeling mfx, a mic preamp and a decent mic. Just to have options.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
An amp upgrade would make sense!

But I just have to say that I don't think that the CD industry is that big anymore just so you know!