I have a practice amp that I love the distortion on. But its only 15 watts...
I also have a half stack with a 100 watt head.

Would running the headphone out of the little 15 into the "pwr in" on the head be safe for high volume practices and gigs?
The 15 does have a speaker out, but I know that is a no go. And through the 4x12 cab sounds good, but it doesn't push volume.

The amps are
Fender Frontman (Some old MIM amp)
Fender FM100h

No amp suggestions please.
I am playing black metal and do not require, or desire, "Proper" equipment.
sorry but most likely it will sound like crap. hefe's a crazy idea us the volume knob on your bigger amp so you can play at quieter volumes for practice.

just wondering if you statement about "proper" equipment is an excuse to sound like shit? even black metal works better with "proper gear" for that sound.
Quote by monwobobbo
sorry but most likely it will sound like crap. hefe's a crazy idea us the volume knob on your bigger amp so you can play at quieter volumes for practice.

just wondering if you statement about "proper" equipment is an excuse to sound like shit? even black metal works better with "proper gear" for that sound.

I'm not looking for quieter volume. Just getting the little one loud enough for band play.
And the proper gear thing, I just mean I don't need or want a 5150 or dual rec or something and a pile of pedals. Not meaning to be rude about it. I can get good tones with the stack, but if I want a bit of mid haze on the gain channel, and on the clean with a pedal brings out frequencies that feel like they are drilling my ear drums, even before turning above 2.
I was also referring to the pwr in on the effects loop, which the manual states can be used to connect two amps with one as the master and the other being just a power amp.
Quote by Liaztraht
I was also referring to the pwr in on the effects loop, which the manual states can be used to connect two amps with one as the master and the other being just a power amp.

That should work, connect the headphones/line out from the smaller amp to the return/loop of the bigger amp.
Quote by sfx
That should work, connect the headphones/line out from the smaller amp to the return/loop of the bigger amp.

Awesome. Auditioning a new drummer tomorrow, so that's the perfect time to test it.
I've been a drummer only the past few years, so gotta relearn guitar. In fact, switching from drums to guitar in my current band.
Last edited by Liaztraht at Jul 31, 2015,