Hi guys,

I play a Jackson JS22 slinky guitar and just got a Jackson case for it (both are linked below). The guitar fits well into the case, but when the case closes, it presses down the whammy bar. I plan to bring my guitar with me to college, so it will be spending a lot of time in the case as I'll likely only play 3-4 times/week. Will leaving the guitar in the case, with bar pressed down for such long periods of time, affect the hardware on my guitar? The guitar says it has double-locking tremolos, so I'm not as worried about it being out of tune.

Thank you in advance for any feedback,
Peter

Guitar: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/guitars/dinky/models/js22-dinky-arch-top-rosewood-fingerboard-metallic-blue/
Case: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/jackson-case-for-soloist-or-dinky-electric-guitar
It doesn't have a double locking trem, if it's the model in the link, but nonetheless I don't believe that will cause any damage. That said, I'd probably take the bar off before putting it in the case if it was me.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
may affect the springs having them stretched and could put stress on claw as well. why not just take the bar off when in case? the bars always come off my guitars when in case.
Why not just take the bar off?

The guitar in question you've linked doesn't have a double-locking vibrato either. It's just a regular strat-style fulcrum one.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 31, 2015,
It will certainly wear a groove in the case. Why is it so hard to remove the arm?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Is removing it as simple as pulling it out? It doesn't seem like it screws out
just take it off

thats what... nah, been too many of those jokes
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by PeeJayTee at #33527254
Is removing it as simple as pulling it out? It doesn't seem like it screws out

Yes!

Although it might be one of those bridges that hold the bar in place with a very small grub screw that's threaded into the block. If you dive the trem and look at the back of the bridge, you might see something like this.

If that's the case, then you'll need something like a 1.5mm allen wrench to undo the grub screw and take the bar out. I hate this design, it makes adjusting the tension of the bar needlessly complicated. The adjustable collet that you find on a Floyd Rose bridge is such a simple solution yet it's so much nicer to use.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 1, 2015,
I'm stunned that you actually put in the case with the trem bar attached in the first place.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes!

Although it might be one of those bridges that hold the bar in place with a very small grub screw that's threaded into the block. If you dive the trem and look at the back of the bridge, you might see something like this.

If that's the case, then you'll need something like a 1.5mm allen wrench to undo the grub screw and take the bar out. I hate this design, it makes adjusting the tension of the bar needlessly complicated. The adjustable collet that you find on a Floyd Rose bridge is such a simple solution yet it's so much nicer to use.

Thank you for your advice man! I removed the bar, no problem. I had tried earlier but I was scared to break something by being dumb, but your advice helped me out! I appreciate you taking my very basic question seriously.