Hey guys,

I think I finally got past copy right issues and can make this public. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on anything for this, I'm still a beginner so any tips are great. All recording details can be found in the description of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwbhsKIpRs

Thanks in advance!
It might be the way I was taught how to play guitar. But, I have always disliked anchoring for picking. If it works for you then go for it. I know great guitar players, like one of my favorites John Petrucci does it. But, for me personally I have always disliked it.

Also, if its comfortable dont change it. When you strum at the 1 minute mark. Your arm looks stiff, like extremely stiff. Try strumming more with your wrist included when you do those large chords with more strings picked.

Audio was good. I could hear your playing. Keep working at it. Soon your guitar sound will be more full once you start looking in to EQ'ing and adding compression etc etc. Im still improving in this area too!

Keep rocking mate

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
It might be the way I was taught how to play guitar. But, I have always disliked anchoring for picking. If it works for you then go for it. I know great guitar players, like one of my favorites John Petrucci does it. But, for me personally I have always disliked it.

Also, if its comfortable dont change it. When you strum at the 1 minute mark. Your arm looks stiff, like extremely stiff. Try strumming more with your wrist included when you do those large chords with more strings picked.

Audio was good. I could hear your playing. Keep working at it. Soon your guitar sound will be more full once you start looking in to EQ'ing and adding compression etc etc. Im still improving in this area too!

Keep rocking mate

Thank you so much man! That is all good advice. I've tried playing without anchoring my pink and I feel like I have less control, but I'm working on it. I don't like how the anchor looks so I'm trying to work it out of my playing. I'm glad that the audio is solid, that was a big goal for this video as I just got a new interface to record. I'll research and learn more about EQ and compression. Thanks again!