Page 1 of 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA

can somebody please explain...

wat

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
a + b = c
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Eastwinn
what do u want 2 kno

everything

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I got 15 minutes in before I lost the ability to follow what the **** was going on.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
One of the best channels on youtube.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
I love Vsause but that vid went so over my head. he's normally good at explaining stuff for mathematically ******ed people like me but he lost me about 10 minutes in so my mind wasn't really blown at all
I'm watching this going

but really i'm going

and then I make an effort to follow but end up going
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Xiaoxi
everything

so essentially you can take a sphere, which is an infinite set of points, and break it up into a number of different infinite sets of points. then you can manipulate those sets in a way analogous to rotation and merge them so you have two copies of the original set.

as he mentions in the video, this is physically unintuitive. for people who are familiar with infinite sets, it only feels a little wrong. the things is that this paradox requires something called the axiom of choice. the axiom of choice is required for producing many intuitive results but also many really really weird ones. i can't give you a honest explanation of it. vsause didn't even try. but trust me, the foundations of mathematics aren't really at stake. they were destroyed ages ago tbh (a mathematician proved that having solid foundations was impossible if you want to have shit like numbers) and the vast majority if not all of the mathematics you've ever encountered is independent of the axiom of choice.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I love Vsause but that vid went so over my head. he's normally good at explaining stuff for mathematically ******ed people like me but he lost me about 10 minutes in so my mind wasn't really blown at all

tbh i think he did an awful job but everyone else seems to disagree with me.
Quote by Eastwinn
so essentially you can take a sphere, which is an infinite set of points, and break it up into a number of different infinite sets of points. then you can manipulate those sets in a way analogous to rotation and merge them so you have two copies of the original set.

I understood that much. I just don't understand the whole thing about UPLR and all that...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Eastwinn at #33528164
tbh i think he did an awful job but everyone else seems to disagree with me.

why do you think that?

I'm kind of familiar with the concept of infinity, my mate who's super good at maths and physics explained the countable and uncountable infinity thing, and the circle thing. I understand it (I think), and I think I just about understand the video
Quote by Ichikurosaki
one night i watched every vid up to what was released at the time on vsauce and to this day im not sure if i exist or not anymore

Smoking dope tonight and I know what I'm doing when I get home
Imagine being lame enough to think about shit like this.
Quote by Fat Lard at #33528521
what in the ****??

I haven't gotten through the whole vid yet, but wanted to post this

Yeah Vsauce is an amazing channel, but that video was extremely difficult to get my head around.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Eastwinn
a mathematician proved that having solid foundations was impossible if you want to have shit like numbers

you should provide some reading materials for this.
All I saw was how I can get more chocolate, but I kept eating the chocolate while I was trying it out.

Now I have no chocolate....lying ****
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by sashki
How would this apply to matter in the real world? Chocolate is not infinitely divisible as it is made of a finite number of discrete particles.

The end talks about scientists saying it could be 'physically' possible in the future, 1 + 1 = 1 and perfect copies with like subatomic particles and better tools, but they're probably just making shit up again
**** you theoretical mathematics
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Dreadnought at #33529874
but does 3/3 = 0.999~ = 1 ??

tbh

no
I don't see what was hard to follow about that video. I mean, its a very abstract concept, but not compared to some of the real nightmares in upper level advanced math courses. I personally think he broke it down pretty well.

Have you never been introduced to abstract/pure math before?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Zaphikh at #33528332

fuckin love borges

also the video was... meh

all you need to know is:

infinity exists
you & everybody you love may or may not

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by yellowfrizbee at #33530133
I don't see what was hard to follow about that video. I mean, its a very abstract concept, but not compared to some of the real nightmares in upper level advanced math courses. I personally think he broke it down pretty well.

I'd wager the average person has not
Quote by yellowfrizbee at #33530133

Seriously? This reeks of pretention.
Quote by yellowfrizbee

The extend of my math is "aiight how we gonna split this dinner bill, and also what's 18% of $69.69??"

Quote by chev311e
so now ive been watching vsauce for like 2 hours.

I was hooked... watched like 6 hours straight

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 2, 2015,
Page 1 of 2