I'm getting really bad hum when using a Whammy 4 in conjunction with any other pedals.
THe slight hum is probably there by itself with only using the Whammy, but If I use a dirt pedal, fuzz pedal, or wah pedal, it gets pretty noticeable and annoying. If I use both wah + dirt, it is an extremely loud hum that goes up/down with the wah's movement.
the basic pedal order is whammy -> wah -> dirt -> fuzz

has anyone else has this issue and how have they fixed it? i'm thinking of just getting the Whammy V because I think it might be a powering issue. also all of my pedals are powered by isolated outputs, and the Whammy I am using the original AC adapter. I have tried different outlets, but I can't seem to get this to go away. Anyone have any advice at all?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Last edited by guitar99099 at Aug 1, 2015,
Wah opening the top end, dirt and fuzz with no gate = noise. What amp do you have
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by guitar99099
I'm getting really bad hum when using a Whammy 4 in conjunction with any other pedals.
THe slight hum is probably there by itself with only using the Whammy, but If I use a dirt pedal, fuzz pedal, or wah pedal, it gets pretty noticeable and annoying. If I use both wah + dirt, it is an extremely loud hum that goes up/down with the wah's movement.
the basic pedal order is whammy -> wah -> dirt -> fuzz

has anyone else has this issue and how have they fixed it? i'm thinking of just getting the Whammy V because I think it might be a powering issue. also all of my pedals are powered by isolated outputs, and the Whammy I am using the original AC adapter. I have tried different outlets, but I can't seem to get this to go away. Anyone have any advice at all?

Probably?
You should check it to be sure.
Remove your other pedals completely and test.
Could be a bad power supply or dirty power.
Could be a ground issue with a pedal, your guitar, or crappy cables.
Quote by CodeMonk
Probably?
You should check it to be sure.
Remove your other pedals completely and test.
Could be a bad power supply or dirty power.
Could be a ground issue with a pedal, your guitar, or crappy cables.

I've tried it with both my Distortion and fuzz pedals with the pedal power 2+, their original ac adapters, 9v batteries, all of my guitar cables, different outlets in the house, but there is still an odd hum on the Whammy 4.
And Yes, this hum only happens with the Whammy 4 in the signal path. the hum is also amplified with the amp dirty channel.

I'm going to go to a guitar shop and bring both my fuzz, and Whammy + its ac adapter and try it there and see what happens. I'm hoping that it's just the power adapter malfunctioning, and a new one will fix the problem. But if it turns out to be a messed up pedal, I would be happy to have DigiTech give me a new Whammy 5 instead
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Last edited by guitar99099 at Aug 2, 2015,