My first official NAD Post. Well, it's new to me.

Had to sell my Peavey Ultra 112 and my 112sx cab, but I think I came out on the upside when it is all said and done.

Now I just have to start looking into 2x12 cabs. Sure, I could use it with one of my 4x12 cabs, but I'm thinking it needs a cab to call its own.

Vox AC30CCH

Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I got one of those.
Great amps!
Heres a cab that I built : https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26372230

Get yourself an extra rectifier tube.
While I haven't had any problems with the rectifier tube in mine, some people have.
I replaced all the stock tubes in mine after about 6 months anyway.
Not that I had any problems with mine, just wanted something different.
I've got JJ tubes all around.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 1, 2015,
Has all relatively new EH tubes in it, so I'm hoping they hold out for a while. I have a few JJ ecc83 tubes floating around that I might swap into it. I've heard the rectifier tubes are a bit of a problem with these, so a nice backup or two is on the agenda. I was tempted to get an AC30c2 - just to avoid the rectifier tube problem. But, I couldn't pass up the price on this. I think it was a solid deal at 400 bucks. Maybe I'm wrong though.

It is a definite change from the Ultra Plus. But, the Ultra Plus won't be missed much as I've got the 6505 for the brootalz. I haven't put the AC30 up side by side with my Egnater to determine just how Voxy the Tweaker can actually get.

I'm not sure I have patience to build a cab - or rather, the skill! But that cab looks awesome CodeMonk. I'll likely rely on someone like Avatar to build a fine cab for me. I am fairly certain that I want to go the greenback route though. WGS might get the call though if the wife has anything to say about the budget!
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah 400 bucks is a stellar deal, nicely done. HNAD
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Has all relatively new EH tubes in it, so I'm hoping they hold out for a while. I have a few JJ ecc83 tubes floating around that I might swap into it. I've heard the rectifier tubes are a bit of a problem with these, so a nice backup or two is on the agenda. I was tempted to get an AC30c2 - just to avoid the rectifier tube problem. But, I couldn't pass up the price on this. I think it was a solid deal at 400 bucks. Maybe I'm wrong though.

It is a definite change from the Ultra Plus. But, the Ultra Plus won't be missed much as I've got the 6505 for the brootalz. I haven't put the AC30 up side by side with my Egnater to determine just how Voxy the Tweaker can actually get.

I'm not sure I have patience to build a cab - or rather, the skill! But that cab looks awesome CodeMonk. I'll likely rely on someone like Avatar to build a fine cab for me. I am fairly certain that I want to go the greenback route though. WGS might get the call though if the wife has anything to say about the budget!

Those are likely the stock and maybe the original tubes.
Mine came stock with EH tubes.
Of course the previous owner may have changed the tubes shortly after they bought it, like I did, so they might be as good as new.

And yeah, building that cab was a lot of work.
I did have a little 1x12 to use though while I built that.
As well a another 2x12 cab I built a few years prior to building that one.
Although that older 2x12 was 500 miles away when I was building that, was a bit of hack job built with cheap MDF (And I still have it, loaded with 2 G12K-85 speakers).
Nice! HNAD
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here