Poll Options
View poll results: Bear hunting
more needs to be done in case they overbreed and further hurt the ecosystem
3 43%
its a start, we'll see how it plays out and if its enough
4 57%
Voters: 7.
Page 1 of 3
wonder how many people who were upset about that lion in Zimbabwe will be okay with this. an animal is an animal no matter how endangered it is

that being said I'me fine with it
going to the bar to pick up chubby hairy older men
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Hey man I stay in my room 90% of the time and no bear has ever tried attacking me, so I say let it be. (insert Beatles link)
Quote by genghisgandhi
wonder how many people who were upset about that lion in Zimbabwe will be okay with this. an animal is an animal no matter how endangered it is

that being said I'me fine with it

We all know no-one gives a flying shit about lions until they have a whimsical name. Otherwise my Facebook news feed would get filled with shit every 7.4 days, on average.

Cecilphiles really don't like it when you call them out on that statistic.
We used to have loads of bears and we started relocating some of them to countries like France where bears were endangered. Now I think they aren't exactly critically endangered but they are a threatened species and there are programs in place for the conservation of bears.

With that being said.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Deliriumbassist
We all know no-one gives a flying shit about lions until they have a whimsical name. Otherwise my Facebook news feed would get filled with shit every 7.4 days, on average.

Cecilphiles really don't like it when you call them out on that statistic.

They don't like it when you tell them that 5 elephants were killed by poachers in the week after Cecil was shot, but none of them made the news.

Or the people who want the dentist/hunter(denter? huntist? twat?) to get mauled by a lion/get cancer/whatever and then share a photo of Ricky Gervais(twat) with the words "if you enjoy seeing an animal terrifed or in pain you are a ****", and somehow think their desire for a human to meet a painful and terrifying end makes them morally superior, rather than cunts.
Theres no rich heterosexual white man to be the face of all evil in the world for this case. Don't expect a pile up.
SJW Gangsters have moved on from hunters, that's old news.
A new target for bullying and harassment in is the works.
Apparently in 1999 the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food decided to cull 65 bears from the total population and the Hunters Association of Slovenia actually protested their decision, demanding that the bear be protected and ultimately succeeding.

Much respect to the LZS.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They don't like it when you tell them that 5 elephants were killed by poachers in the week after Cecil was shot, but none of them made the news.

Or the people who want the dentist/hunter(denter? huntist? twat?) to get mauled by a lion/get cancer/whatever and then share a photo of Ricky Gervais(twat) with the words "if you enjoy seeing an animal terrifed or in pain you are a ****", and somehow think their desire for a human to meet a painful and terrifying end makes them morally superior, rather than cunts.

Don't get me started on Ricky Gervais.

My grandmother 'adopted' an Orca for a Christmas present for me one year when I was much, much younger. I guarantee I've done more for conservation just by reading the letter which I'm almost pretty sure said Orca didn't write and looking at the photos once than most Cecil twats.
Quote by EyeNon15
Theres no rich heterosexual white man to be the face of all evil in the world for this case. Don't expect a pile up.
SJW Gangsters have moved on from hunters, that's old news.
A new target for bullying and harassment in is the works.

yeah I'm sick of straight white men having it so difficult
I'd support a ban on hunting if it made it more likely for these types of people to get attacked by bears. But they probably don't leave downtown and only own a bicycle.
Quote by genghisgandhi

Right on! I'm sick of how people always add context and nuance to their ideological based bullying!

A straight white male born in a trailer park with a prostitute mother and meth addicted father is exactly the same as a straight white male born into a wealthy family.
They are both straight white men therefore they experience the world exactly the same as each other!

I'm sick of all this effort to see straight white males as anything but Hitlers mustache.

It's not my fault, it's Godwins Law.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Aug 2, 2015,
Quote by EyeNon15
Right on! I'm sick of how people always add context and nuance to their ideological based bullying!

A straight white male born in a trailer park with a prostitute mother and meth addicted father is exactly the same as a straight white male born into a wealthy family.
They are both straight white men therefore they experience the world exactly the same as each other!

I'm sick of all this effort to see straight white males as anything but Hitlers mustache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGjyUbEilII
Quote by EyeNon15

R.I.P. Straw Man.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
R.I.P. Straw Man.

Ahhh, blurting out Straw Man where it doesn't apply whatsoever.
You gonna blurt out "troll" next?

Please give me more of the internets greatest hits.

Come on, give a me a "noob" shout and correct my grammatical errors!!
As beard dog, this is most of angerings.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EyeNon15
Ahhh, blurting out Straw Man where it doesn't apply whatsoever.
You gonna blurt out "troll" next?

Please give me more of the internets greatest hits.

Come on, give a me a "noob" shout and correct my grammatical errors!!

I have never seen/heard anyone make the argument that straight white men all have the same collective experience, or that their experiences are always more advantageous than those who are missing any/some/all of those characteristics, yet people like you always seem to interpret it that way. You're meant to hold the variable of socio-economic class as constant in such a comparison, not to assume it doesn't matter. I don't want to derail the thread any further, but there's your answer.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
I have never seen/heard anyone make the argument that straight white men all have the same collective experience, or that their experiences are always more advantageous than those who are missing any/some/all of those characteristics,

I've never seen anyone kill a bear or a lion.
So naturally anything that you or I do not witness or pay attention to does not exist.
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33529351
I've never seen anyone kill a bear or a lion.
So naturally anything that you or I do not witness or pay attention to does not exist.

I am paying attention to it. I have a reputation as an "SJW." If anyone was to make this argument, I'd have seen it by now. So inform me, then, who's making this argument? I'm willing to bet that you'll have a very difficult time finding someone who makes the claim that all straight white men have the same experiences, and if you do, you won't find enough such that complaining about people who make such an argument would be worthwhile.

My experience is that people who say "straight white men don't always have it easy. I saw a white guy on the street yesterday who was asking for spare change!" are misinterpreting the idea that "white privilege" is anything other than the idea that white people generally have easier lives in societies that are predominately white and whose most powerful are typically white.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Aug 2, 2015,
Quote by chrismendiola
I am paying attention to it. I have a reputation as an "SJW." If anyone was to make this argument, I'd have seen it by now. So inform me, then, who's making this argument? I'm willing to bet that you'll have a very difficult time of someone that makes the claim that all straight white men have the same experiences, and if you do, you won't find enough such that complaining about people who make such an argument would be worthwhile.

My experience is that people who say "straight white men don't always have it easy. I saw a white guy on the street yesterday who was asking for spare change!" are misinterpreting the idea that "white privilege" is anything other than the idea that white people generally have easier lives in societies that are predominately white and whose most powerful are typically white.

If you allow my to return to my point instead of the one you have made up for me then you don't have to look any farther than this thread to find an example of someone implying that simply being white and male excludes you from any negative or unfair treatment by society.
No context or nuance whatsoever.
You guys are terrible at arguing, jfc on a bike.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
hunting for 'sport' is always gunna be for massive twats
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by steve_muse

Agre
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33529376
If you allow my to return to my point instead of the one you have made up for me then you don't have to look any farther than this thread to find an example of someone implying that simply being white and male excludes you from any negative or unfair treatment by society.
No context or nuance whatsoever.

You mean this?
Quote by genghisgandhi at #33529266

I thought you'd say that.

I didn't get that implication at all. It looks like what he's saying is they generally have it easier, not that they never experience any hardship whatsoever.
Quote by steve_muse at #33529379

Word.
Free Ali
Quote by steve_muse

What about hunting for financial gain? That's what most of it is. Ya know killing elephants so u can sell the ivory. World traveling trophy hunters that can pay 10s of thousands of dollars to kill something are a fairly rare thing.
It can be argued that money from poaching provides money for food, which would be no different than the claim it's ok to kill animals as long as it's for food.
So, one can still continue the charade that they are stuffing hamburgers in their face for survival rather than for pleasure.
Quote by EyeNon15
What about hunting for financial gain? That's what most of it is. Ya know killing elephants so u can sell the ivory. World traveling trophy hunters that can pay 10s of thousands of dollars to kill something are a fairly rare thing.
It can be argued that money from poaching provides money for food, which would be no different than the claim it's ok to kill animals as long as it's for food.
So, one can still continue the charade that they are stuffing hamburgers in their face for survival rather than for pleasure.

No, poaching provides money that generally funds other criminal enterprises. A small amount will be spent, at 3rd or 4th hand, on food.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, poaching provides money that generally funds other criminal enterprises. A small amount will be spent, at 3rd or 4th hand, on food.

Sources ???
#slapsyburn
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I gave as many sources as you did.

Then you should probably backtrack and ask for sources for any of the my claims that you find questionable.
Quote by EyeNon15
Then you should probably backtrack and ask for sources for any of the my claims that you find questionable.

AaLewis is everywhere these days.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33529385

There are plenty of ways to get money for food that don't involve killing an animal just so that some wealthy asshole can put that animal's body parts on display or in his/her collection.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
There are plenty of ways to get money for food that don't involve killing an animal just so that some wealthy asshole can put that animal's body parts on display or in his/her collection.

Have you ever been to Africa? I haven't but considering the 80% unemployment rate in Zimbabwe. I have to question what are these plenty of other ways to get money.
Quote by chrismendiola
I am paying attention to it. I have a reputation as an "SJW." If anyone was to make this argument, I'd have seen it by now. So inform me, then, who's making this argument? I'm willing to bet that you'll have a very difficult time of someone that makes the claim that all straight white men have the same experiences, and if you do, you won't find enough such that complaining about people who make such an argument would be worthwhile.

i really don't think this is an appropriate way to frame the issue. income inequality is the issue not that the really rich people are white. theres white privilege in the sense that white people are generally in a better economic state due to their history. the aftermath of racism doesn't go away quickly and there's an echo chamber of sorts for it. black people are oppressed by racist policy and attitudes -> black people are generally in a lower class as a result of unfair treatment -> black people don't magically jump up to a new economic class because public opinion and policy has changed -> black people generally get worse educations, grow up in worse neighborhoods, surrounded by more crime as a result of being in a lower economic class -> police target black people because they are generally in a lower class, essentially creating new racist policy. this is the problem, not some minor "white culture" do-good pussyfooting around the issue.

basically we can simplify "white privilege" into "fuck the police, mulcair 2015, legalize it"
Page 1 of 3