Whats up guys i just ordered an randall RG1503...it may arrive tomorrow...i would like to know if this amp is good and if it can do modern metal ( that mesa boogie kind of) ??
It is a decent SS amp if you like that type of tone.

It is far from sounding anything like a Mesa
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by jasonhelene
Whats up guys i just ordered an randall RG1503...it may arrive tomorrow...i would like to know if this amp is good and if it can do modern metal ( that mesa boogie kind of) ??

wouldn't the time to ask been better before you ordered the amp
Nope, i like pantera tones, i just would like to know wich tones can this amp achieve instead of pantera tone.....
It can play modern Metal tones for sure, and sounds good. But those amps, like most others, are not for everyone. You should try it. And like has been already stated, it won't sound like a Mesa.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
It can play modern Metal tones for sure, and sounds good. But those amps, like most others, are not for everyone. You should try it. And like has been already stated, it won't sound like a Mesa.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
It has enough gain for anything but if you play a lot of very low tuned stuff you IMHO need a overdrive pedal or EQ at front to tighten it up. It has a very loose low end gets easily muddy. Its heavy sounding amp for sure, i like mine a lot.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
If it has the typical tubescreamer tone (boosted mids and bass cut) then sure. I only have Bad Monkey and Boss SD1 myself, never tried a nux OD.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
i had one and i didn't like it.

i have owned a few RG100ES' for a while, and i have a century 100 combo. if you are looking for dime tone, i would get one those over the RG1503, and they can be found really cheap (especially the RG100ES').

jason - did you fix your hum issues?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Man it just arrived today!!! loved the amp!! its all i wanted !!!

Just ordered an isolation power module from APC and the noise is gone!!! by the way this randall is really really quiet, i can get alot of brutal sound out of this!!!

And the clean sound is nice too, i bought an zoom g1 next to do some tricks with the clean sound and whammy, and yeah feels good!

My actual set is working as never done!!! thanks for all the help...i would say to people to buy this amp, i loved it!! More than the vypyr 60T!!! Fits well all my needs, have enought volume to kill the Neighbourhood!
Quote by jasonhelene
Man it just arrived today!!! loved the amp!! its all i wanted !!!

Just ordered an isolation power module from APC and the noise is gone!!!
by the way this randall is really really quiet, i can get alot of brutal sound out of this!!!

And the clean sound is nice too, i bought an zoom g1 next to do some tricks with the clean sound and whammy, and yeah feels good!

My actual set is working as never done!!! thanks for all the help...i would say to people to buy this amp, i loved it!! More than the vypyr 60T!!! Fits well all my needs, have enought volume to kill the Neighbourhood!

I told you to get a power conditioner several threads ago. It would have saved a big hassle.

Glad you are happy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by MaaZeus
It has enough gain for anything but if you play a lot of very low tuned stuff you IMHO need a overdrive pedal or EQ at front to tighten it up. It has a very loose low end gets easily muddy. Its heavy sounding amp for sure, i like mine a lot.

I notice a lot of people doing this but sometimes it's the guitar.What I mean is i've tried different guitars with this amp and there's a big difference when using a basswood short scale guitar compared to an all maple 80's Kramer or something with higher string tension and brighter sounding wood.But yes, an od pedal would work to tighten it up.