I'm getting a Jackson RRXT Rhoads and I want to replace the pickups with EMG 81 and 85. What nut driver sizes do I need in order to do this?
I usually use an adjustable wrench to get the potentiometers and input jacks out as I don't have to change bits or anything.

10mm
7/16th
1/2
those are the three that Stewmac sells. The 10mm is defintely for input jacks. Never tried it on pots though as the kind I have the bit isn't long enough.

by the way try youtubing some high output passive pickups , the EMG X series 81 85 (or whatever else you want to consider) as it saves you doing the 18v mod , the 57/66 combo I'm seeing a lot of pros switch to as well the 57 66 set is new and there is no X series of it . or seymour duncan blackout metal pickups sets. The metal has a boost to make the pickups go hotter. But properly a copper shielded guitar and say a dimarzio d-activator set and you'll never want EMG pickups as the D-activator is very close to an 85 without a battery. Many other pickups can be suggested though as I'm not much of a fan of dimarzio. If you don't want to solder though as that is why many, MANY people go with the solderless EMG set try the seymour duncan liberator all you do is screw the pickups in. There is a bit of assembly but it's easy. The liberator works on every 2 or 4 wire pickup too.
why don't you just get the RRXMG? the emg's are already there and it's a neck through. the extra cost is the cost of the emg's alone, unless you have a set already lying around.
Quote by ad_works
why don't you just get the RRXMG? the emg's are already there and it's a neck through. the extra cost is the cost of the emg's alone, unless you have a set already lying around.

It is a floyd rose, it doesnt come with the satin finish I like, and there is no extra cost where I bought them.

Quote by Tallwood13
I usually use an adjustable wrench to get the potentiometers and input jacks out as I don't have to change bits or anything.

10mm
7/16th
1/2
those are the three that Stewmac sells. The 10mm is defintely for input jacks. Never tried it on pots though as the kind I have the bit isn't long enough.

by the way try youtubing some high output passive pickups , the EMG X series 81 85 (or whatever else you want to consider) as it saves you doing the 18v mod , the 57/66 combo I'm seeing a lot of pros switch to as well the 57 66 set is new and there is no X series of it . or seymour duncan blackout metal pickups sets. The metal has a boost to make the pickups go hotter. But properly a copper shielded guitar and say a dimarzio d-activator set and you'll never want EMG pickups as the D-activator is very close to an 85 without a battery. Many other pickups can be suggested though as I'm not much of a fan of dimarzio. If you don't want to solder though as that is why many, MANY people go with the solderless EMG set try the seymour duncan liberator all you do is screw the pickups in. There is a bit of assembly but it's easy. The liberator works on every 2 or 4 wire pickup too.

Yeah, I have an adjustable wrench too but it is huge and there is no way it would fit. But you said the input is 10mm and I could use my wrench for the pots. Thanks