Hey guys!

Currently I have a Jackson Performer from 1996. It's the same as the PS2, but it's only named "Jackson Peformer". I'll start a new job, and I was thinking of maybe i should sell it and buy a Soloist. But is it worth the difference? The Soloist is more then four times more expensve as mine. I live in Hungary, mine is about 200-300$, and the Soloist is 1000$
The neck through construction is great, the neck is the best i've ever played (for me), great compound radius one, mine is just the regular. And direct mount HH pickups, while I rarelly use the middle Single. I already changed the neck and bridge pu-s for Hot Rails and Custom 5. I've never really liked the Hot Rails for clean btw.

So what would you do?
Gear:
Jackson Perfomer MIJ (SD Custom 5/Hot Rails)
Blackstar HT Club 40
Artec Parametic EQ
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Planet Waves PW CT04 Tuner
E flat tuning
If your happy with the one you have, there is no need to upgrade.

The performer series were MIJ but they were more of a budget model, the soloist is a few steps above it on the food chain, but if the performer is doing what you need it to and you like it, if it sounds/plays good and money is an issue, keep it!

If you can test drive a soloist then definitely do so, you may find yourself wanting to upgrade afterword. If you don't use the single try to find a model with two humbuckers!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I played one of the new Soloists yesterday. Fantastic instrument.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have one, and it's pretty damn good. Super comfy heel, trem takes a beating and stays in tune.

TBH, if you like the one you have now, I'd wait a bit longer, and save up so I could get the SL2 but not sell the Performer.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Yeah, I know they are great I like Jacksons anyway. Maybe you are right, keeping the old and buy a new is the way. Just they are so close in sound, that I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. But the new SL2 is made in Indonesia, aren't they?
Gear:
Jackson Perfomer MIJ (SD Custom 5/Hot Rails)
Blackstar HT Club 40
Artec Parametic EQ
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Planet Waves PW CT04 Tuner
E flat tuning
Quote by Danessz at #33531857
But the new SL2 is made in Indonesia, aren't they?

If the guitar is great, who cares?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Yea, that's what is says on the headstock. Where it's made isn't as important as being able to try it out the instrument before buying. Then, you get a hands-on inspection for yourself of build quality.

Maybe I'm kind of a hoarder. I only got rid of my first guitar because I broke it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Danessz
Yeah, I know they are great I like Jacksons anyway. Maybe you are right, keeping the old and buy a new is the way. Just they are so close in sound, that I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. But the new SL2 is made in Indonesia, aren't they?

I have 5 MIJ Jackson's and love them all! I also have a Chinese B.C.Rich and a Korean Dean that are both on par with my Jackson's I recently bought a used Washburn Parallaxe that was made in Indonesia and the craftsmanship is dead on it is as nice as as any guitar I own. When it comes to imports (or guitars in general) there is no substitute for taking it for a test drive
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Aug 4, 2015,