With scant instructions and no visible on/off switch, how do I turn it off so the 2 9v cells arent dead in a week?

tried to search for this in files but I suck at that too

thanks!
Quote by bruce em
With scant instructions and no visible on/off switch, how do I turn it off so the 2 9v cells arent dead in a week?

tried to search for this in files but I suck at that too thanks!

are you leaving the input jack plugged in?

if you leave the cable in you will kill the battery because it will be on, regardless whether the pedal is on of off.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Unplugging the input jack is standard, but I'd expect that pedal to chew through batteries under normal operation too. Might want to think about a power supply.
As the others said, unplug the input jack cable when you're not using it. But loopers and other time based pedals like reverb and delay draw a lot of power naturally and will always chew through batteries. A 9V adapter is definitely recommended.
Quote by bruce em
Super!

So if using a power supply, leave the batteries out?

Thanks!

yes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Loopers are digital units... they eat batteries real fast.

All digital pedals should run off a power supply.
Generally yeah, as said make sure it's completely unplugged, it depends on the company but TC pedals seem to remain on if there's even just one jack plugged in.

And not sure about loopers but the Flashback ate a new, decent 9V battery in half an hour in my case. A power supply is probably a better idea. OD/distortion pedals tend to be less power hungry and work for a month or two with one battery.
Digital pedals tear through batteries, especially delays and loopers. Use a power supply.
Quote by bruce em
Super!

So if using a power supply, leave the batteries out?

Thanks!

Check the manual. It might be ok to leave them in. I had some pedals that stated leaving the battery in wasn't a problem, although generally, you'd take it out.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Check the manual. It might be ok to leave them in. I had some pedals that stated leaving the battery in wasn't a problem, although generally, you'd take it out.

Take it out anyway. A failed battery inside a pedal is a sight to behold.

Right before you throw the pedal away...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin