I'm fairly new to the world of pedals, but I've picked up 10 of them that I like the sound of. Which way should I route them so it makes the most amount of sense? I know the guidelines of an optimal signal path, but I have some pedals that I'm not sure where they should be in the chain.

- Boss TU-3
- Boss DD-3
- MXR Dyna Comp
- EHX Pitch Fork
- EHX Epitome (I know, I know, I'm hesitant about multi's too, but I think this one is decent, and it saves a lot of space on my pedal board)
- Fulltone OCD
- Catalinbread Callisto
- Strymon El Capistan
- ISP Decimator II
- Boomerang III

I was thinking this is how I should route it.

TU-3 ---> DynaComp ---> Pitch Fork ---> Epitome ---> OCD ---> Callisto --->
El Capistan ---> DD-3 ---> Boomerang ---> Decimator ---> Amp

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by cameronfairlie8 at Aug 3, 2015,
which amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sooooo....you don't have an Effects Loop?

You are new to pedals and got 10 of them

I'm sure there is more to the story here right?

Generally, you've got the right idea with you signal path. Generally time based effects like delay and reverb go in the FX loop. EQ pedals are good in the FX loop. EQ pedals are great tools. There is no hard and fast rule though. If it sounds good - go with it.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 5, 2015,
^ Yeah I asked him what amp he had to see if he had an fx loop.

I'd put the DD3 after the decimator, though (whether both are in the loop or not)- the decimator will cut off the repeats as they start to fade if you don't do that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ True that

Also, don't use a Decimator unless you feel you need it. Why do you feel you need a noise gate? A noise gate in front of the amp will only reduce noise (or notes ) coming from your guitar or other pedals in front of it. If you don't have a loop, then I'd question all of these pedals.
yeah i don't really use a decimator much any more. i still keep it in the chain though as it's handy to have. the other thing is if you practise without it, you sound awesome once you turn it on.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i got mine back when i used them more. figure they're worth keeping just in case
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?