Poll: Do you suffer from migraines?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you suffer from migraines?
Yep they are a constant black cloud over my head
23 46%
No thank the lord
27 54%
Voters: 50.
Page 1 of 2
I've only had 2 ever but they made me go blind in one eye then want to die then throw up

hbu

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Used to get them at least once a week when I was younger, the past few years they've plagued me less and less
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Used to get them all the time when I was in middle school, I used to miss mornings of school quite frequently because of them, luckily they tended to clear up after a few hours. I rarely get them now though, like maybe 3 or 4 in a year if that.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Noop.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
No, they sound scary as fvck

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Nope

I did however start getting pretty bad headaches every Sunday for some reason. I then discovered it may have been because I drank tons of coffee during the week at work and didn't really drink any at home during the weekend.

So my solution was to drink more coffee during the weekend and now I don't have headaches anymore
Quote by JamSessionFreak

Not being dramatic but they make me want to die

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Yeah this.

Worse I get is unordinary sleep paralysis.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I never got them until for some reason they just started happening a year ago. It happened during a really busy work week where I wasn't sleeping enough. After that they kept coming. I despise them.

I tried to kill the first really big one (the ones you just can't sleep off, that persist over DAYS man) with a bottle of vodka. Did not work. Do not recommend. Ever.

They make me want to die too. It's not dramatic, it's honest. If you can afford it, see a doctor as soon as you can.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Not being dramatic but they make me want to die

How long do they even last?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Nah. I've had a few but they're very rare thankfully. The visual ones are the worst when you can't see. Regular ones would mean a trip to the doctor and bye bye contraceptive pill.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by JamSessionFreak
How long do they even last?

My ones have lasted about 36 hours so effectively 2 days written off

Quote by EndTheRapture51
My ones have lasted about 36 hours so effectively 2 days written off

Fuuuuck that

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
I get them a few times a year, they last about a day and then fuck off
I have nothing important to say
had them many times, last time I was on pain meds and it resulted in some pretty weird shit being said/texted/messaged.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I had one a few months back. First time ever I think.

Was describing it to someone and they were like "yeah that's a migraine" and I felt a little bad for taking the piss and calling the glorified headaches.

ended up being the second time I've taken ibuprofen. normally the strongest "painkiller" I'll take is paracetamol and that's more for the mild anti-inflammatory effects than anything.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Rarely! Can't remember the last time I had one. My mom used to get them very often but it's less frequent now
No, I don't get yourgraines. I get MYgraines. Obviously.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
My daughter is a celiac so I'm well researched on this. Go gluten free.

What is a Migraine?
A migraine is a disabling headache that can be preceded or accompanies by a sensory warning sign—flashes of light, blind spots or arm or leg tingling. The exact cause of migraines is not well known but is believed to be partly related to the trigeminal nerve system and chemical imbalances in the brain.
Rarely children can have "abdominal" migraines with all of the typical migraine symptoms but without any headache. Pain might be felt in the stomach.

What is the Relationship between Celiac Disease and Migraines?
A preliminary study in 2003 found that migraine sufferers have a higher risk of having celiac disease that the general population. Patients who have undiagnosed celiac disease and migraine headaches often see either complete resolution of migraine headaches of a significant reduction in frequency and strength of symptoms.
Quote by theguitarist
I had one a few months back. First time ever I think.

Was describing it to someone and they were like "yeah that's a migraine" and I felt a little bad for taking the piss and calling the glorified headaches.

ended up being the second time I've taken ibuprofen. normally the strongest "painkiller" I'll take is paracetamol and that's more for the mild anti-inflammatory effects than anything.

If ibuprofen stopped / moderated it, either you're really lucky or it wasn't a migraine.

Ibu / Acetaminophen / Aspirin won't even touch mine, and I'm effectively non-functional when they occur. (I can function only on an emergency basis, and at greatly reduced capacity.)

I've tried Hydrocodone 10-325's and Tylenol with Codeine (T4's) as well and neither helped at all.

The ONLY thing I've found that actually works is called Treximet, a mix of Imitrex and Naproxen Sodium. I take one and then lay down in a dark, quiet room and after about 45 minutes I can go to sleep. Usually when I wake up several hours later the migraine is gone.

The pills cost about $28 each, and they are worth every penny!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
What is with this website and weird health issues.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
What is with this website and weird health issues.

Everyone's broken somehow, it's just that we've enough people here that feel anonymous enough to share their version...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
If ibuprofen stopped / moderated it, either you're really lucky or it wasn't a migraine.

Ibu / Acetaminophen / Aspirin won't even touch mine, and I'm effectively non-functional when they occur. (I can function only on an emergency basis, and at greatly reduced capacity.)

I've tried Hydrocodone 10-325's and Tylenol with Codeine (T4's) as well and neither helped at all.

The ONLY thing I've found that actually works is called Treximet, a mix of Imitrex and Naproxen Sodium. I take one and then lay down in a dark, quiet room and after about 45 minutes I can go to sleep. Usually when I wake up several hours later the migraine is gone.

Injected Imitrex / Sumotriptan is like 94% effective compared to orally administered version of the same drug.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Injected Imitrex / Sumotriptan is like 94% effective compared to orally administered version of the same drug.

I'm not a big fan of needles.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911 at #33532348
Everyone's broken somehow

Ugh
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Arby911
I'm not a big fan of needles.

The product I am working on will be perfect for you then

Quote by EndTheRapture51
The product I am working on will be perfect for you then

Does your product go up the bum?
Sadly for you, no.

But really you need some heavy heavy painkillers to stop migraines. Ibuprofen is certainly not enough.

Quote by ErikLensherr
Ugh

Perhaps, but still true. Ain't nobody perfect chief.
Charles Darwin
I once had a headache for a day that felt like my skull was being crushed. I was wishing death upon myself after a short while. I assume that was one.
Quote by Arby911

it more just seemed to put me in a kind of numb state where I could barely notice it or anything else I was feeling.

I really hate taking any kind of painkiller so my tolerance for them is probably super low to the point where just taking a bit of ibuprofen has an effect.

for others I hear that ibuprofen is weak and doesn't help really if you take it somewhat regularly for normal headaches (I don't take anything there)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I take an ibuprofen every time I get a minor headache every couple of weeks or so but literally nothing helps with a migraine beyond lying in the foetal position in a dark room devoid of sound

I get them all time. If you catch them early enough, ibuprofen and caffeine can make them a lot more bearable.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by theguitarist
it more just seemed to put me in a kind of numb state where I could barely notice it or anything else I was feeling.

I really hate taking any kind of painkiller so my tolerance for them is probably super low to the point where just taking a bit of ibuprofen has an effect.

for others I hear that ibuprofen is weak and doesn't help really if you take it somewhat regularly for normal headaches (I don't take anything there)

That's good, overuse of OTC meds is all too common. Better to use them when you actually need them and have them be more effective. I don't recall ever really having headaches, normal or migraine, until I was about 40.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Yeah this.

Worse I get is unordinary sleep paralysis.

What do you mean by unordinary?
Used to suffer pretty bad headaches. Almost daily. Have not had them for a very long time though, so that's good.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
I have had a few migraines in the past but it's very uncommon. I have more trouble with sinus headaches because I pretty much have those constantly unless I take medicine for it, but if I take medicine daily for more than a few days consecutively the side effects become unmanageable.
cat
Page 1 of 2