(Invalid img)

Hi everyone, my names Hayden, I'm 23 and from the UK and I've been learning the guitar for just three days now.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and say hi to all who is a part of it.

I've always wanted to play guitar, bought an acoustic when I was 18 but was always too lazy to look into how to learn. So far it's been amazing, signed up to online lessons and so far I'm very happy.

I can only play Major C and G ha, I've spent most of my time strumming and switching between the two but it's nice to see progress whether it be slow or fast.

Also, finger blisters aren't fun (Hopefully the image is attached)
Welcome!

finger blisters do hurt, but don't play through the pain, let them rest for a while.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Thanks for the tip! Just to clarify, is it okay to play with blisters when a majority of the pain is gone, or do I need to wait for the blisters to go completely?
it should be alright, also, you don't need to push down very hard on the strings, only hard enough for the string to touch the fret without bouncing off when plucked.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Welcome!

finger blisters do hurt, but don't play through the pain, let them rest for a while.

Wait, why not? I played my guitar for almost 2 hours straight (I had a prefomance thing the next day), and by the end of that practise, most of my fingers were bleeding... Is that a bad thing? I thought the callouses would form better if the skin broke? Am I just crazy?

:O
Quote by I_M_3rd
Wait, why not? I played my guitar for almost 2 hours straight (I had a prefomance thing the next day), and by the end of that practise, most of my fingers were bleeding... Is that a bad thing? I thought the callouses would form better if the skin broke? Am I just crazy?

blood will oxidize your strings, as will sweat.
Welcome, brother. Congrats on beginning your journey.

If you've got questions in the future don't hesitate to ask us by creating a thread or sending a personal message.
Quote by I_M_3rd

You're going to risk damage to the layers under the skin and end up having to wait while your fingers (which will be completely useless at this point) heal from potentially severe damage doing that.

Seriously, don't play until you bleed, you'll form callouses but it's a little risky. And like vocoderboy said, it'll damage your strings in the long run.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Welcome Hayden! Everyone has to start somewhere, and C and G chords are the best place to start. You can play a whole crapload of songs just knowing those chords, especially if you add a few more chords to your knowledge (A, E, F, D, etc). Don't get discouraged, eventually things get easier.

Regarding your finger pain....I'd recommend lowering the action of the guitar if possible (most "starter" guitars have high action which makes learning painful). If that is out of the question maybe you can consider buying some thin gloves for practice (at least until your callouses form). I had finger pain when I came back to playing, bought some thin black leather gloves which allowed me to form power chords (although precision fingering was pretty much off the table). It helps.
I play with a group in church and when we first started every song was literally C G and D chords. So you gotta start somewhere.
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and helpful messages! Glad to see the community is so mature and kind.

About to put in 2 hours practice again today, hope everyone else has a good evening also