As the title says, which death song ( excluding Zombie Ritual) is the easiest and what skills do I need to work on to play it?

I know that anything off of The Sound of Perseverance is way out of my league but aside from that I have no idea what to play. Also if someone could tell me which one has the least difficult solo in it that would be nice. Incoming "Try Scavenger of Human Sorrow"
Last edited by Cheeseshark at Aug 5, 2015,
it's out of your league because you say it is. if you take just one song that seems really difficult and break it down and learn it by ear, slow it down and learn to play it cleanly and efficiently, and eventually master it, you'll gain more experience from that one task than you would learn from 10 years of looking up tabs and half-ass playing licks.

all music can be slowed down and sectioned off and you have an unlimited amount of time to learn it

and after you get one song perfected that way, you can do another in maybe half the time. then another. and then after a year or two you have an ear and you can play any song in any genre with a little work because you put in the effort to learn the basics
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
all music can be slowed down and sectioned off and you have an unlimited amount of time to learn it

Care to share the secret of youth with us?
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
suicide
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
suicide

Hard to argue with that.

Or your post, it's all spot on. Learning songs by ear cleanly is the practice method.

Some of my favourite death songs to play on the guitar that I've learned ages ago (i.e. as a beginning guitarist) have been Leprosy and Spiritual Healing. Both have great riffs in them, and Death rules, you have nice taste.

Crystal Mountain is a great song to get a hang on more diverse techniques than just palm muting, since there's a lot going on without it being too complex. And that intro riff is sweet, one of my favourite metal bass riffs as well.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Hail
it's out of your league because you say it is. if you take just one song that seems really difficult and break it down and learn it by ear, slow it down and learn to play it cleanly and efficiently, and eventually master it, you'll gain more experience from that one task than you would learn from 10 years of looking up tabs and half-ass playing licks.

and after you get one song perfected that way, you can do another in maybe half the time. then another. and then after a year or two you have an ear and you can play any song in any genre with a little work because you put in the effort to learn the basics

I just might take your advice. Though I might try something a little bit easier because I've never tried to learn something by ear. Thanks.

Quote by Kevätuhri
Hard to argue with that.

Or your post, it's all spot on. Learning songs by ear cleanly is the practice method.

Some of my favourite death songs to play on the guitar that I've learned ages ago (i.e. as a beginning guitarist) have been Leprosy and Spiritual Healing. Both have great riffs in them, and Death rules, you have nice taste.

Crystal Mountain is a great song to get a hang on more diverse techniques than just palm muting, since there's a lot going on without it being too complex. And that intro riff is sweet, one of my favourite metal bass riffs as well.

Well I tried Crystal Mountain. None of the rhythm sections I tried were really difficult, in fact I found almost everything fairly easy to play. I was even able to play most of the solo up until the one or two shreddy licks They're played just a bit fast for me. At least I have something almost withing my grasp to work towards. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry for the super late response.

Also, how do I get tabs to show up properly here?
Last edited by Cheeseshark at Aug 14, 2015,
The solo from Secret Face is kinda easy. Leprosy is my favorite Death song to play.