Hey guys I tried using a amp sim with a 6mm to a 3mm jack. But I can't find a way to make it work so I think I need a guitar link. I have only £9 and it doesn't need to be great by any means can anyone suggest one
Quote by tommylaws16
Hey guys I tried using a amp sim with a 6mm to a 3mm jack. But I can't find a way to make it work so I think I need a guitar link. I have only £9 and it doesn't need to be great by any means can anyone suggest one

I don't understand the question.

It sounds like you are trying to plug your guitar into your computer and you need a cable to do that, is that what you are asking?
Sorry I was unclear. I need a guitar link I think this is a cable which has a jack to plug into the guitar at one end, then into a computer via a usb at the other end. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for one of these cables for 9 pound or under
It actually can work but not optimal.

You need to set your recording device to either mic or line in, then up the recording volume.

Then you need to download asio4all or else you will get latency during picking.

If you have any existing pedal with a mixer out, or a boost pedal, use that one instead of a guitar link.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_ucg102.htm

Save up.

As a possible alternative, find a video game store in your area and see if they have a used Rocksmith "Real Tone" guitar cable, which will do exactly what you need it to.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 5, 2015,
Thanks everyone if the method sfx suggested I will definitely deal with the input lag for a week til I can get that better computer link. Thanks everyone for your input
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Go into the recording section and read the introduction to recording sticky.

Then get an unbranded guitar link.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^^ thomann won't ship orders less than 25 euros IIRC EDIT: and under 200 you get hit with 10 euro postage. Thomann is often (not always) cheapest, but it's not really the place to go if you want to buy one small item.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?