Hi everyone!

I've been having trouble with pinch harmonics. I can get the harmonics to sound in certain places on the fretboard (such as the 8th fret on the B string), but I can't get them at others (like the 7th of the G). I also can't get any harmonics on the lower three strings (the thickest). Has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks!

-Arthyn
the node (where you need to hit the string with your thumb/finger to make the harmonic ring out) moves as the fretted note moves so try moving around where you hit the string with your pick and thumb.

also wide vibrato will help the harmonic to ring out.

a fair bit of distortion and mids will help too.

what gear are you using?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm using a Epiphone Traditional Pro, and a Rogue G10 (upgrading soon!) with a Zoom G2Nu
thanks. not sure how much the gear will affect it if you can sometimes get them. i was just thinking if you had a valve amp that using a tubescreamer or boss sd1-style overdrive as a boost usually helps the pinches to really jump out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's all about technique. yes crappy gear doesn't help them sound as good as tehy can but you should be able to get them anyways. as mentioned they sound off the best at the harmonic nodes (5,7,9,12,15 and so on.) but can be done anywhere on the neck with varying results.
You need to experiment with applying the pick along the portion of the string from (initially) the end of the neck up to the bridge. For example, with my Strat, playing F (1st fret, treble string) I get three different harmonics moving the pick the short distance across the neck pickup. A lot of this has to do with nail edges getting involved as well as the pick.