I have been saving up to get me a better guitar. I really want the iron cross version of the Het ESP LTD. I see there are two different versions. One is selling for almost 5 grand and the other is 1000. I don't have 5 G's to spend, but what the heck is the difference? The descriptions are exactly the same and no noticeable differences. Are these guitars worth the money in quality or are they just charging more for the name. I was tempted just install the EMG pickups, but my guitar would be worth less than what I actually spent on the pickups. That doesn't make much sense to me. I also noticed that it has a thin U neck and locking tuners. I don't know what type of neck that is and how the tuners lock? Any input on experience with this guitar would be helpful. I checked the guitar shop and they are not carrying one. I would have to order it online.
Thanks,
Tyson
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
Esp sig models are always way more. Difference is schaller strap locks and Sperzel locking tuners on the esp and ltd tuners and regular strap buttons on ltd. I believe the esps are all handmade so the quality is a bit better and ltd is all production line stuff.

The ltd will still be a very solid guitar. Both have het set pickups.

Locking tuners are awesome. I install the only guitars. You just pull the string through to a little tension, and there is a locking wheel on the back you tighten up and then tune up. No winding necessary.

The necks on higher end esp and ltd's are usually nice and thin.

I'd say go for it man!
The difference is that the cheaper one is made in a nice factory in Korea and the expensive one is handmade in Japan by some of the best luthiers in the world. They're both excellent guitars, but one is for middle-class musicians and the other is for wealthy Metallica fans.
im currently eyeing a snakebyte and even though ive been and will continue to be a huge metallica fan, paying $4K+ for a guitar because it's a signature model will never be worth it to me. Often the LTD sigs are still $1K or more. I actually haven't played any sig models myself but the general consensus is the LTD sig series is pretty damn good and rather consistent in the quality department.

Looking forward to your NGD, maybe we'll have ours around the same time

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

I too was going to buy the snakebyte, but ended up with an Ibanez fireman. It definitely felt like a solid guitar and will someday purchase it. I think most, if not all, higher end ltd's are very well built and are good quality.
All my guitars are currently ESP sig models. Both ESP and an LTD, there's not a noticeable difference in the LTD. I love them, a seasoned player might possibly be able to tell a tonal difference (or so I've heard) But ESP is the brand I mostly use, and I love them. I'd definitely recommend the 1,000 LTD iron cross. Actually been eyeing that one myself.

The locking tuners are great! Thin U Neck is the only way to go IMHO. If you're looking for a hard rock sound, get the guitar. If you're looking for an exact Metallica sound, expect to pay 5k in gear to get the sound they have, on one album.

I would definitely say ESP's are worth the money. Not msrp money, but if you can find one discounted, definitely get it. All my signature series ESP's I've gotten for around 1000. I like the signatures for the uniqueness, so if I can pay the same for a unique guitar, or a standard guitar, I opt for the uniqueness. Go for it, I also look forward to the NGD!
Wilkommen in der wirklichkeit

Gear:
Esp Ltd RZK 600
ESP RZK-I VINTAGE CREME
ESP RZK-II
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier SOLO head
Bunch of distortions, and overdrives
And a couple WAHs
You could just get the normal ltd ec1000? Its basicly the same guitar, but for cheaper. But i guess im a bit biased against signature guitars.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
It's only a couple hundred more to get the sig model. Plus he gets the graphic that he wants.
Another option is to buy an old ESP Eclipse ii used. I managed to pick one up for around $850.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Awesome. I don't know if I will buy a new one. There are a lot of store models that are for sale on ebay for 200 to 300 cheaper. I am glad to hear these are good guitars.
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
I ordered my new guitar, today! Pretty stoked about it. I ordered from Jason from gear orphanage. I heard he is a pretty good guy. Anyone had experience with him?
lol, all my "serious" guitars have been sig models, so I can't really comment on the price compared to a standard! Two of which are LTD/Edwards though, so I can vouch for the company. They knock out some real gems.
It was suppose to be shipped yesterday and still hasn't left the shop. Ughh. I want to play this damn guitar. . .
I feel your pain. My last guitar I bought was online and it was like four days in the shop before I called and asked why it still hasn't shipped. They had to set it up apparently.
Should be here, tomorrow. Even though I have had estimated shipping time lie to me before.
Quote by tysona23
Should be here, tomorrow. Even though I have had estimated shipping time lie to me before.

What'd you get?
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I bought the snow white Iron Cross sig model. I am use to playing my strat with a hotrail in the bridge. This hetset has a wide variety of tone, but I honestly thought they would be more heavy on the distortion side. If I use a distortion pedal it gets really freakin awesome. I guess I am just use to muddy distortion. My solos are sound a lot better with this guitar. They had a battery installed for the pickups already. I am wondering if it might be a good idea to change the battery. I have no idea how long it's been in there even though the guitar is new.

It was a B-stock and had a baby dent in the back. It does not bother me at all. I think it was worth the 400 dollars off original price. The guitar itself looks bad ass. I really can't believe it is my guitar. I still need to do some experimenting to get exactly what I want out of it. So far, I am extremely happy.