when life gives you a lemon, drop it off the top of a grain elevator. hustle in,
cowboy paramedics. sola dosis facit venenum. meursault smells like piss and stale beer.

edit: after rereading this a couple of times this seems really fucked up. but i don't think i'm going to change it either way. it may not even achieve the desired effect idk.
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 7, 2015,
meursault??? isnt that the main charactar of the stranger by albert camus?

I like this though. A lot. i feel that short pieces are nice because they can express an emotion without time.
Quote by Magnumopus7001
meursault??? isnt that the main charactar of the stranger by albert camus?

yes

I like this though. A lot. i feel that short pieces are nice because they can express an emotion without time.

yeah. feels almost like snapshots from a photo album or something, except they all merge together and happen nearly simultaneously. rapid-fire images, or whatever smth like that.

thanks for your comment, it's very much appreciated
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 7, 2015,
Quote by Magnumopus7001
That is my favorite book

i could name so many things i love about it lol
Really wonderful and meaningful lines. thanks for the wonderful piece of contribution in the field of literature.
Quote by briankerrigan
Really wonderful and meaningful lines. thanks for the wonderful piece of contribution in the field of literature.

actually lol'd
Quote by Magnumopus7001
just the ending and how his goal is so... spiteful.

i'm interested that you think of it more as a goal. if you think about meursault, he doesn't necessarily have goals. he just walks through his life, doing things at whatever whim he pleases. there is really nothing he consciously tried to attain (maybe besides basic life and social necessities). perhaps, you might say his death was his goal, however throughout the book you never really see him think about the realizations he makes in the end. maybe then he realizes that is what he wanted, however that doesn't necessarily detract from the argument i'm making. i think

i haven't read the book in a long time, if i'm wrong about something feel free to correct me

Quote by Magnumopus7001
(someones trying to sound smart)

(actually it was meant to say my writing is shit but i see how you thought that)
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 9, 2015,
When I said his goal when his head was going to get severed and he wanted his blood to spray on the people watching his execution.
Quote by Magnumopus7001
When I said his goal when his head was going to get severed and he wanted his blood to spray on the people watching his execution.

must've missed that. will probably check it out, or more likely reread it b/c no sense writing about shit that you actually don't know about

at the risk of looking more like a dumbass i'll just say that it's more of a caricature novel to me than anything
Quote by Magnumopus7001
It is the very last few pages.

i looked through the last 8 or so pages and found nothing of the sort. this is as close i found-

"[...] for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe. To feel it so like myself, indeed, so brotherly, made me realize that I’d been happy, and that I was happy still. For all to be accomplished, for me to feel less lonely, all that remained to hope was that on the day of my execution there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should greet me with howls of execration."

so

edit: if you think about it, you couldn't really even consider death as a goal either.
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 15, 2015,
Some older part of me likes this a lot.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Quote by Dregen
i looked through the last 8 or so pages and found nothing of the sort. this is as close i found-

"[...] for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe. To feel it so like myself, indeed, so brotherly, made me realize that I’d been happy, and that I was happy still. For all to be accomplished, for me to feel less lonely, all that remained to hope was that on the day of my execution there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should greet me with howls of execration."

so

edit: if you think about it, you couldn't really even consider death as a goal either.

he had a hope or wish, something he did not present in the majority of the book.
Quote by Magnumopus7001
he had a hope or wish, something he did not present in the majority of the book.

well yes, as we find out in the passage. however he obviously didn't wish to die. in context of this "poem", that's the most important element, do you agree?

in your defense- your observation where the intent is spiteful is correct, as far as my intended meaning.

Quote by culex-knight
Some older part of me likes this a lot.

this makes me feel slightly worried haha, thanks though
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 19, 2015,
Quote by Dregen
well yes, as we find out in the passage. however he obviously didn't wish to die. in context of this "poem", that's the most important element, do you agree?

in your defense- your observation where the intent is spiteful is correct, as far as my intended meaning.

Of course he didn't want to die. he was just making the best out of the situation, the concept "when life gives you lemons, make lemon aid." instead it was "when you get sent to the guillotine hope your blood sprays on the watchers."
Quote by Magnumopus7001
Of course he didn't want to die. he was just making the best out of the situation, the concept "when life gives you lemons, make lemon aid." instead it was "when you get sent to the guillotine hope your blood sprays on the watchers."

now that we've come full-circle i see what you're saying lol
What?
the hell are you getting at?

I was saying it took us like two weeks to get on the same page (huh page get it??? we are talking about books!)
Last edited by Magnumopus7001 at Aug 21, 2015,
Quote by Magnumopus7001
What?
the hell are you getting at?

have fun because it means so many things you'll go fucking crazy lol

I was saying it took us like two weeks to get on the same page (huh page get it??? we are talking about books!)

no, i was talking about book(s)

and if you know so much, write to reflect it. huh? impress me. i have nothing to say about lackluster material (like most people you'll meet anyway). you don't sit down and spend the time to think? you don't think? don't write. done.

i'm not sorry. fuck off. i have nothing (more?) to learn from you.

drunk again. ban me (for "the greater good"). either way, i'm taking a break from this forum. my point has been made and i have much to read and learn myself. namely nietzsche. i'm sick of feeling like this. you are perpetuating while not providing any static point. execration execration (lol but more than that, and i'll laugh. go, or immerse yourself; learn or die. that is the lesson today, everyday)
Last edited by Dregen at Aug 22, 2015,
What the **** is your problem?

Obviously you think you are smarter then everyone else, if you have to "correct" everyone all the time maybe you shouldn't be hanging out on a god Damn guitar forum.

You are just insecure.
Last edited by Magnumopus7001 at Aug 22, 2015,