Page 1 of 5

IT'S HAPPENING

Well, the AP preseason rankings have been out for a bit now, which means that it's time to get excited! Many schools have already done their open practices and are regularly doing full pad 2-a-days, things are ramping up fast, and the rankings are as controversial as ever.

Now that we have seen that the playoff system is the champion of the people, the top 5 becomes even more important. Here are the preseason rankings.

1 Ohio State
2 TCU
3 Alabama
4 Baylor
5 Michigan State
6 Auburn
7 Oregon
8 USC
9 Georgia
10 Florida State
11 Notre Dame
12 Clemson
13 UCLA
14 LSU
15 Arizona State
16 Georgia Tech
17 Mississippi
18 Arkansas
19 Oklahoma
20 Wisconsin
21 Stanford
22 Arizona
23 Boise State
24 Missouri
25 Tennessee

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Thoughts, complaints and comments welcome! As with always, post your favorite team and I'll edit the OP to advertise your allegiances.

Superior B1G Teams
Wisconsin Badgers JustRooster, ehbacon
Michigan State Spartans Gibson_SG_uzr55
Ohio State Buckeyes iwannabesedated

Inferior ACC Teams
Miami Hurricanes jambi_mantra
Louisville Cardinals CrossBack7

And finally,

GET READY FOR

BUCKINGHAM ****ING BADGER
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 23, 2015,
Those are not the preseason rankings. Those are the final rankings for last season.

The AP poll has not been released yet this year.
Here is the preseason coaches poll.

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Oregon
6. Michigan State
7. Auburn
8. Florida State
9. Georgia
10. USC
11. Notre Dame
12. Clemson
13. LSU
14. UCLA
15. Ole Miss
16. Arizona State
17. Georgia Tech
18. Wisconsin
19. Oklahoma
20. Arkansas
21. Stanford
22. Arizona
23. Missouri
24. Boise State
25. Tennessee
Sparty on! Let's have a fun season boys (and maybe some girls)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by iwannabesedated
Those are not the preseason rankings. Those are the final rankings for last season.

The AP poll has not been released yet this year.

Pppppffttttttttt /ignore
Quote by iwannabesedated
Here is the preseason coaches poll.

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Oregon
6. Michigan State
7. Auburn
8. Florida State
9. Georgia
10. USC
11. Notre Dame
12. Clemson
13. LSU
14. UCLA
15. Ole Miss
16. Arizona State
17. Georgia Tech
18. Wisconsin
19. Oklahoma
20. Arkansas
21. Stanford
22. Arizona
23. Missouri
24. Boise State
25. Tennessee

TCU is a bit overrated at #2. They will be very good though. Have to feel UGA is overrated as well...Richt's teams always disappoint. Ole Miss will not be ranked by the end of the season and neither will Arizona or Tennessee.

I hate Ohio State, but they are definitely the favorite this year.
Quote by TobusRex
TCU is a bit overrated at #2. They will be very good though. Have to feel UGA is overrated as well...Richt's teams always disappoint. Ole Miss will not be ranked by the end of the season and neither will Arizona or Tennessee.

I hate Ohio State, but they are definitely the favorite this year.

I don't necessarily disagree with TCU being overrated, but aside from @OK St and Baylor (not OU, I don't think Oklahoma will be that good this year) I don't see many games they can lose, and it helps that they have arguably the best QB in college football.

Most overrated team in my mind is Oregon. I'm not convinced that Lockie or Adams can step in and immediately be Mariota, and that early trip to East Lansing looks like a loss to me. I'd be surprised to see them in the playoff this year.
I have a feeling Arizona's going to have a beast year. Anu Soloman was fantastic at QB, and he was only a freshman last year.
Quote by JustRooster
I have a feeling Arizona's going to have a beast year. Anu Soloman was fantastic at QB, and he was only a freshman last year.

Keeping a close eye on them. I always thought Rich Rod was a better coach than they ever gave him credit for at scUM. Just not a good fit IMO.

Pac 12 South is pretty loaded. North...not so much.
Florida State was the only school to accept my application.

My dad was a Rebel.

My wife was a Husky.

Who do I root for?!?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Florida State was the only school to accept my application.

My dad was a Rebel.

My wife was a Husky.

Who do I root for?!?

If you like winning, anyone but Army.
Go Canes
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Go Canes

Oh come on, seriously?
Quote by JustRooster
OP edited. Sedated, are you an OSU fan?

I am. Family thing. But I'd say I'm a Rutgers fan too. Grew up in NJ, went to games, etc. And that was when they were terrible.
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh come on, seriously?

yea man, blame ESPN 30 for 30
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
yea man, blame ESPN 30 for 30

That's not a happy story, man.
Quote by JustRooster
That's not a happy story, man.

I know. That's why I got attached, they were at the top, crashed down in epic proportions, got to the top and crashed again. Their "swag" is awesome and even with all the shit and 3 decades after it started, they still have that attitude

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra at #33562962
I know. That's why I got attached, they were at the top, crashed down in epic proportions, got to the top and crashed again. Their "swag" is awesome and even with all the shit and 3 decades after it started, they still have that attitude

Buncha rich ass private school kids.

Oh the humanity
GOD demonstrated HIS love to us by sending His Son Jesus Christ, who died and rose from the dead to GIVE us eternal life.
He also promised to heal your body.
(Just ask Him)
Quote by tMrty547 at #33562973
GOD demonstrated HIS love to us by sending His Son Jesus Christ, who died and rose from the dead to GIVE us eternal life.
(Just ask Him)

Ugh, Notre Dame fans.
Quote by Dreadnought

Oh the humanity

if i end up working for the government my poor inner-city school raised ass can end up there for free in a couple of years

but for now go golden panthers
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid at #33563017
if i end up working for the government my poor inner-city school raised ass can end up there for free in a couple of years

but for now go golden panthers

My bro was a golden panther, I think when they first started playing
Quote by Dreadnought

Oh the humanity

Impression I got was that it was the opposite, especially back in the 80s and 90s

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra at #33563200
Impression I got was that it was the opposite, especially back in the 80s and 90s

idk, it's an expensive private school now. Don't get me wrong, I love Miami, but UM isn't the school of the people.
New AP Poll released, OP edited to reflect it.
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 23, 2015,
Quote by ehbacon
Yay new thread! High hopes for this year!

You're a Wisco fan, right?
Quote by tMrty547
(Just ask Him)

Quote by ehbacon
Yay new thread! High hopes for this year!

I'm the opposite. I have my expectations low(or at least relative to how we usually are) for this year. We still have Stave at QB, no above average WRs, and no MG3 to go god mode to save us. Defense should hopefully be good though
Quote by wastingyears
I'm the opposite. I have my expectations low(or at least relative to how we usually are) for this year. We still have Stave at QB, no above average WRs, and no MG3 to go god mode to save us. Defense should hopefully be good though

Phil Steele's got you as his #4 Surprise team.

And to be honest, Wisconsin should win 10 games without breaking a sweat. You've got Bama week 1 and a tough trip to Lincoln on Oct. 10th. Other than that, smooth sailing. No OSU, no MSU, no Mich, no PSU.
First games are tonight.

South Carolina beat North, now we've got a Utah/Michigan tie and some other games happening too.
Page 1 of 5