The sole reason why I want a USB audio interface is because the tracks I play along to when I record bleed faintly into the tracks that are recording my guitar. This only started happening when I started recording on my new laptop. My old laptop never had this issue, but I want to use my new computer from now on for everything.

As for my recording setup, I place a microphone in front of my amp with the microphone plugged into the microphone jack of my computer. I play along to the drum/bass tracks by listening to them on earphones during recording/playing, so there is no way the play along tracks could have been picked up by the microphone.

So basically I'm just looking for the cheapest USB audio interface that will get rid of the awful effect of tracks bleeding into each other. I don't need anything fancy that will give me the best most professional sound or anything like that.

Based upon my recording setup and my needs, will this product do the trick?:

BEHRINGER XENYX 302USB

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EH ... NvbNSE8FN0

Or this one?:

Behringer U-Phoria UM2
Last edited by Commisaur at Aug 6, 2015,
Have you read the stickies? There are loads of recommendations there.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
No I haven't, but I just thought my needs could be specific enough to warrant a personalized recommendation from someone who is knowledgeable about the products.
The one you linked would work just fine but I can't recommend the ****************/1Du7x19 enough. Although it is $150 right now on amazon, it has been known to come down around the $100 price point so if it's something you can hold out on, I definitely would. The benefit of getting the scarlett is that you'll get two inputs with phantom power that you can add or remove gain from as well as a monitor that you can plug your headphones into.

Personally, I've had no problems with the quality and it's a great box if you find yourself wanting to record two things at once i.e. guitar and vocals and mic your guitar in two spots. If you are looking for something cheaper, the one you listed is ok but the focusrite will most likely be more future proof as you get farther into recording.
Quote by Commisaur
No I haven't, but I just thought my needs could be specific enough to warrant a personalized recommendation from someone who is knowledgeable about the products.

Not really. You're currently using the worst possible solution, it's no wonder you're struggling for quality.

Read the stickies, ask questions if there's anything there you don't understand, but all you're asking is for interface recommendations. The introduction to recording sticky has loads of recommendations for all budgets.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud