So, I recently finished another year at uni and fancied a new bass to bugger about with over the summer. Looked at a local vendor and found a MIJ Fender Jaguar Deluxe brand new for 590eur and fell in love immediately, so I ordered it.

It arrived early last week, and I am really impressed. Essentially it's a J-bass on steroids. the preamp adds a great amount of versatility and the neck is a dream to play. Only negative point is that the shielding is non-existent, but that will be rectified soon.

Specs:

Body Shape: Jaguar®

Neck:

Neck Shape: "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 20
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Aged White Pearloid Block Position Inlays
Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
Fretboard: Rosewood
Neck Material: Maple
Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)

Electronics:

Pickup Configuration: S/S
Bridge Pickup: Vintage Jazz Bass® Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
Neck Pickup: Vintage Precision Bass® Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off slide switches, one for each pickup, 1-Series/Parallel slide switch (operates only when both pickups are on)
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Preamp Treble Control Wheel, Preamp Bass Control Wheel, Preamp On/Off Slide Switch

Hardware:

Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
Bridge: Vintage Style 4-Saddle Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
Auxiliary Switching: 1-Series/Parallel Slide Switch (Operates only when both pickups are on)

Miscellaneous:

Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.105)
Unique Features: Aged White Pearloid Block Position Inlays, Active/Passive Preamp System with Series/Parallel Switching, Rear Mounted Quick Release Battery Compartment, Synthetic Bone Nut, Black Plastic Knobs, Switches and Pickup Covers

- Be kind, I'd just finished a 13 hour shift....

Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Nice, I'm a big Jag nerd and I love how they've reassigned the switches for bass. Real nice-looking instrument, too, I love the inlays!

HNBD!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Sweet That's a pretty decent price for an MIJ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well now you have to post a vid or sound clips carefully documenting the sound of every switch configuration possible.

Thanks in advance
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
great choice and excellent color
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!