I heard about a new band today because one of the members was soliciting noodz from jailbait.

So don't do that.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Good luck
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Play music with as many people as possible as often as possible
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Will Lane
I'm just not sure how to get my name out there. My ultimate career goal is to perform in a band like Hillsong United or the Chris Tomlin band (working off that tithe money yo). Any tips?

Be awesome. Play with other musicians and always leave them with wow! Learn how to attract an audience whether it is in a guitar store, street corner, or worship hall. Before you can "get your name out there" you gotta have the goods.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Serious point. Organise your gear, so you can be the first guy set up, and the first guy squared away. Once you're sorted, help other people

Turn up on the dot, or early.

Get a reputation for reliability and getting shit done.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
What I've learned playing leads as a sit-in player for tons of folk and country bands is that if you want to make money you should forget the idea of original composition and learn folk and country leads.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Watterboy
Good luck

Is it wrong to to hear myself saying good luck albaninain style from the movie taken?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Serious point. Organise your gear, so you can be the first guy set up, and the first guy squared away. Once you're sorted, help other people

Hey I sent you pm a few days ago.Did u get it?
Quote by CL/\SH at #33537612
Play music with as many people as possible as often as possible

This is probably the best advice I've seen so far. If you're really serious, you have to constantly be looking for any opportunities that are around. You can't just upload some videos on youtube and then wait for someone to call you up and ask you to play a gig or join a band. You should be going out and meeting as many local musicians as you can, talking to them, jamming with them, booking yourself solo gigs or gigs for your band at ANY venue that will book you. Teach some private lessons and encourage your students and their families to spread the word about you, or even invite them out to see you play a show. Make connections with as many people and venues as you can.

But above all of this, you have to have something to offer. You can't just play classic rock covers to drunk people in a bar every night and expect people to notice you. Make sure you have an original sound to offer, and have a good amount of original material so you aren't just playing covers every night.

Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33537874

These are also very important. If you want to be a professional, you have to act like one. Whether you're in a death metal band or a jazz quintet.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Aug 7, 2015,
be professional. be willing to work with others. share your music. learn other people's music. always consider the big picture - the band you're in at age 18 might not be the band you're in at age 30. don't dig yourself into a professional hole by never letting your music evolve. don't follow trends - you'll never catch them.
Good Luck, buddy! I really hope you succeed! Im rooting fo' ya!

My very amateur advice would be to exploit any venue that presents itself to you.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96