Amp: Blackstar HT-5RS
Has 1 power tube, 1 preamp tube

Issue: gain channel is weak/muffled/static, clean side is unaffected.

Suspect: preamp tube is failing

Confirm?
I would get both. They are cheap, and if you have stock tubes, they are likely shit anyway.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ this.
Also they're both pre tubes so you're not gonna have to drop much money on them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ I think the power tube has to be biased, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So the other day I turned my amp on and notice there was a large decrease in volume and power from the OD1 and OD2 channels from the previous day, I remembered that they weren't that quiet. Plus it sounded really weak and weedy. I tried turning all he volume levels up but it still only came up to a loud bedroom level and still weedy.

I immediately thought it was the tubes, of which I ordered a new set of both Pre amp and Power amp tubes.
Ive just put them in today and they haven't changed a thing.
Any one know what else this drop in volume and power could be? and if there is anything I could do without taking it to someone to get fixed?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Quote by Calib193
So the other day I turned my amp on and notice there was a large decrease in volume and power from the OD1 and OD2 channels from the previous day, I remembered that they weren't that quiet. Plus it sounded really weak and weedy. I tried turning all he volume levels up but it still only came up to a loud bedroom level and still weedy.

I immediately thought it was the tubes, of which I ordered a new set of both Pre amp and Power amp tubes.
Ive just put them in today and they haven't changed a thing.
Any one know what else this drop in volume and power could be? and if there is anything I could do without taking it to someone to get fixed?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Welcome aboard! Please do not threadjack, start your own thread with as many details as possible.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Problem solved. Local shop had 2 brands of 12ax7. Electro-Harmonic and Ruby. Based on gut feeling I chose the Ruby. Has the code AC5HG. Overall pretty pleased.