Hi,
I'm hoping that someone will help me out.
I can read Standard Notation, but have difficulty with TAB.
Would someone be kind enough to point me to a thread or
a website that will help me out with getting the hang of TAB.
It seems that if there's a song I want to learn to get it in
Standard Notation I have to buy a whole "songbook". And
$15.00 bucks is a lot to pay for the sheet music to the one
song I want.
Very little music is released by the individual song
anymore. Especially 90''s up to the present music.
There's also some classic 60's and 70's stuff I'd like to learn.
It seems that there's TAB for just about everything. And just
like you hear it said " if you don't learn to read music your missing something "
I feel like I'm missing something by only knowing Standard Notation. And not
TAB.
So,
Any help to get me on the path to understanding the nuances of TAB
will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Paully
Be excellent to each other ☺
Paully
Last edited by Paully1 at Aug 7, 2015,
There are plenty of u tube videos on how to read guiatr tab, if u can read Music why u wanna learn tab ??
The best tabs are those created using software such as GuitarPro. I use Tuxguitar, which is free and also plays GuitarPro, PowerTab and TablEdit files.

With these you can actually hear the tabs, which makes life much easier.
I think you miss read the post, he,s wanting to know how to read tabs, not write them, and alot of people don,t use GP5/6 or power, i like using regular tab,
It's very easy. Even a person with no musical education can learn to read tabs. Back when I was starting out I learned it in a few hours.

Each bar signifies a string and a number on that bar signifies the fret number counting from 0

0 is an open string
1 2 3 etc are fret numbers coming after 0
yea i agree tab is very easy, it's a lot harder reading score than reading a tab, well to me it is I can read score but very slow, tab i can read and play near enough straight off, very easy to learn and to write tabs too.
Quote by ayreon77
I think you miss read the post, he,s wanting to know how to read tabs, not write them, and alot of people don,t use GP5/6 or power, i like using regular tab,

Yeh... seems that we still do have some cavemen around here
well to be honest i don,t want to learn drums keyboard vocals and what ever other instrument there is on the song, and then listen to it sound like a load of cheap sounding instruments, i,m a guitarist and really only interested in learning the guitar or bass, or mandolin, so all the other instruments don,t bother me, i,m here to learn and play guitar, and alot on here still use the cave man tools so you say and like it, i,ve tried GP5/6 and don,t like it. i prefer to write tabs out and learn guitar from tabs. so put that in your e-cigarette and smoke it ha ha
Last edited by ayreon77 at Sep 1, 2015,