I think the bodies are the same size (A little bigger than a Gibson Les Paul). The Super Swede may be very slightly bigger to accommodate the longer scale length, but having never seen or played them size by side I can't really confirm that.

The main difference, as mentioned earlier, is the Super Swede has a longer scale length, using the standard Fender style 25.5" whereas the Swede has a 24.75" scale making it more like a Les Paul.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Blompcube,

thanks for the reply. can I bother you with another question? what about a Gretsch (electromatic) Pro Jet versus a Swede versus a LP? As far body size? Im looking for the smallest profile.

I love the growl of the Gretsch just a little more than a LP, but I like the playability of the LP a little more than Gretsch. And no one has a swede around here. just Vikings.

id love tp handle a Swede before making a buying decision.
Yeah, playing each of the guitars is the only way you're really going to know which is right for you.

If you like the playability of a Les Paul over a Gretsch Pro Jet, but like the tone of the Gretsch, I'm not really sure where a Hagstrom Swede would fit in. The modern Swedes sound more like Les Pauls than Pro Jets, but have very different neck profiles which are hard to compare to either of those guitars really. They are a fair bit thinner, and certainly a lot "flatter" than the necks you usually find on a Les Paul or a Pro Jet which tend to have a thicker and more rounded profile. The string spacing also is more like a Pro Jet than a Les Paul, if that helps.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I have owned a Super Swede,and a Pro Jet (Electromatic). I had a Swede in my possession for a short time.
Swede and Super Swede bodys are the same size.
Comments: I bought the Super Swede without playing it first. None were available in my area. I did it based on reviews and owner comments. The guitar was beautiful. I wanted to like it. The guitar was the worst sounding guitar I have ever heard. I read people describing the tone as dark. If lifeless, unresponsive, gutless means dark, then hagstrom nailed it! To be mentioned in the same breath with a gibson ,other than body style, is truly a disservice to anyone considering a new guitar. It did not play good either.
The Pro jet by far was one of the best bargains I have ever owned. I wish I still had it. Tone,tone, tone!! Play ability was good, not great. They have a chambered body. Much lighter than the Swede's
All of this is my opinion.
I did let a few other players try the super swede, when I was selling it. NOBODY had anything good to say about it. My opinion. STAY AWAY!! There are WAY better guitars at that price point.
Last edited by Crack67 at Aug 17, 2015,