Page 1 of 2
dude this is AWESOME

i can FEEL your playing in my heart

keep on keepin on my dude!!
Death comes as the harsh victory of the law of our ancestors over the dimension of our becoming ~monsieur dupont, Nihilist Communism

please listen to Dingo and TRON MAXIMUM !!
First off, you're in the wrong forum. You won't get a lot of serious responses here.

It's hard to hear the lead guitar track. Try mixing it a bit louder.

From what I can hear, your timing is off by quite a bit. Your bends are also off. The rhythm section is drowning in some kind of reverb which makes it harder to listen to as well.

I have no doubt that you can play alright, but you need to get it down better before you record it. Go back and work on your fundamentals. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of control over the instrument.

I'm not saying this to be a dick or anything. Keep playing the guitar, because obviously you enjoy it. I'm not saying it's horrible either, it's just that you have to clean up your playing by quite a bit. Learn how to mute the strings you aren't playing so you can get rid of unwanted noise. Work on those bends. But most importantly, practice as slow as possible so you can really get things down accurately.

Try looking around for Freepower's posts on technique here in the forums. He has a lot of great pointers that can help clean up your playing.

Keep on playing, and most importantly, keep the joy in playing.
Not enough reverb.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Thanks a lot for pointing out the things Jehuty. Normally I don't have anyone around me here to help me with the technical difficulties. So I posted 2 songs, that I love for review, like this one also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSiULJzhJo

Thanks for your answer, I got the feedback that I needed, from your answer. cheers .

Quote by Jehuty
First off, you're in the wrong forum. You won't get a lot of serious responses here.

It's hard to hear the lead guitar track. Try mixing it a bit louder.

From what I can hear, your timing is off by quite a bit. Your bends are also off. The rhythm section is drowning in some kind of reverb which makes it harder to listen to as well.

I have no doubt that you can play alright, but you need to get it down better before you record it. Go back and work on your fundamentals. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of control over the instrument.

I'm not saying this to be a dick or anything. Keep playing the guitar, because obviously you enjoy it. I'm not saying it's horrible either, it's just that you have to clean up your playing by quite a bit. Learn how to mute the strings you aren't playing so you can get rid of unwanted noise. Work on those bends. But most importantly, practice as slow as possible so you can really get things down accurately.

Try looking around for Freepower's posts on technique here in the forums. He has a lot of great pointers that can help clean up your playing.

Keep on playing, and most importantly, keep the joy in playing.
going today , thanks
Quote by metaldud536
That was pretty bad. You should get it checked out by a doctor.
thank you, but everyone is saying, it sucks

Quote by LauraMarx
dude this is AWESOME

i can FEEL your playing in my heart

keep on keepin on my dude!!
Quote by cse.parthaprati
thank you, but everyone is saying, it sucks

we can hear that you're trying, but this is in the wrong forum, you won't get many serious answers here.
Welcome to the Pit, where jerks come to roost. You can check out anytime you like. But you can never fap faster.
haha...Thanks ..and now I am one of them.

i wanted to know, how shitty my playing is and I got the answers

One thing I noticed that other threads (eg: covers) are almost dead!

Quote by Rebel Scum
Welcome to the Pit, where jerks come to roost. You can check out anytime you like. But you can never fap faster.
doesn't matter that they're dead, you'll still get more constructive feedback in a handful of replies there than pages of them here. It might just take a little bit longer to get any replies.
Thanks ..which thread should I prefer (for feedback)?

Quote by Pastafarian96
doesn't matter that they're dead, you'll still get more constructive feedback in a handful of replies there than pages of them here. It might just take a little bit longer to get any replies.
I heard a few lazy bends. Bends are very important. You dont have to be doctor bendy like gumby, but when you do bend, it has to be very precise. A bend is an organic rout from one note to another. It has to be very fluid, and the best way to achieve that is to be more passionate about your bends. Hear them in your head. You have to feel the distance when you bend.

Aside from that, I feel that the entire thing wasnt set to a click. The guitar fell behind the beat a few times. Its alright to fall behind or push ahead, but that too has to be very precise. Again, just hear what you are playing as and a little before you play it.

Otherwise just keep working on your chops and keep practicing. Dont compare your skill level to how long you have been playing or any other expectation. Keep it up though
TS, there are plenty of free metronome apps for your phone, or ones you can access through a browser.

If you're going to record a backing track to play over, use one to make sure you keep time.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by korinaflyingv
Not too bad for 2 years, you make it sound reasonably nice for the most part even though the timing is pretty much completely wrong.

i just saw your sig and realized you were mr tumnis. I dig your music man.
Thank you , I will work on timings.
I have to get a proper gear too, I use Guitar rig5 software and spearkers for playing.

Quote by korinaflyingv
Not too bad for 2 years, you make it sound reasonably nice for the most part even though the timing is pretty much completely wrong.
Thank for your valuable inputs, regarding the bends. I really liked the part where you mentioned about pushing ahead and falling behind.

Regarding the timing, could i be related to the software I am using? I use guitar rig 5 and speakers to play. Should I invest in a real processor and amp, would it make a difference?

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I heard a few lazy bends. Bends are very important. You dont have to be doctor bendy like gumby, but when you do bend, it has to be very precise. A bend is an organic rout from one note to another. It has to be very fluid, and the best way to achieve that is to be more passionate about your bends. Hear them in your head. You have to feel the distance when you bend.

Aside from that, I feel that the entire thing wasnt set to a click. The guitar fell behind the beat a few times. Its alright to fall behind or push ahead, but that too has to be very precise. Again, just hear what you are playing as and a little before you play it.

Otherwise just keep working on your chops and keep practicing. Dont compare your skill level to how long you have been playing or any other expectation. Keep it up though
Using a metronome to keep the timings, while recording a backing track is really a valuable advice. Thank you .

Quote by slapsymcdougal
TS, there are plenty of free metronome apps for your phone, or ones you can access through a browser.

If you're going to record a backing track to play over, use one to make sure you keep time.
Thank you , I will try to work on my timings

Quote by korinaflyingv
No, you just need to learn where the notes should be, and play them there instead of a bit later.
No I can't read those, I relied on tabs of this site from the beginning. Is there a section where I can find things in standard notation here ?

Quote by korinaflyingv
Do you read standard notation? If you're just using tab it makes sense if you can't get the timing. Standard notation allows for actual effective representation of rhythms, so I'd suggest learning it.
Quote by korinaflyingv at #33539938
Do you read standard notation? If you're just using tab it makes sense if you can't get the timing. Standard notation allows for actual effective representation of rhythms, so I'd suggest learning it.

For learning rock songs and solos, I actually find it easier to just read a tab and get the rhythms from listening and playing along with the recording. Standard notation of rock solos is often either poorly written, or confusing because of the notation for things like bends, slides, etc. Not to mention that it's harder to find, and usually not free.

Also rock solos don't usually have super precise rhythmic accuracy, either because of the nature of the music or sloppiness of the player, so if you try to learn a rock solo from notation without hearing it, you could end up sounding more "square" than what is actually intended, because you will be playing with more strict rhythm.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Aug 9, 2015,
Yeah but I assume you already know how to play in time... If he can't tell whether the timing's correct by listening to it then his ear is obviously not good enough yet to pick out the rhythm. Other than that, yeah I agree. But if he can't play in time yet, better 'square' than just off. It's much better to loosen up something rhythmically correct than just to have no idea at all.
Thanks a lot sir, finally you spoke. So basically I have to train my ears to get the timings right. Maybe I should learn very simple solos for timing practice? It would be nice if you can suggest some.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
For learning rock songs and solos, I actually find it easier to just read a tab and get the rhythms from listening and playing along with the recording. Standard notation of rock solos is often either poorly written, or confusing because of the notation for things like bends, slides, etc. Not to mention that it's harder to find, and usually not free.

Also rock solos don't usually have super precise rhythmic accuracy, either because of the nature of the music or sloppiness of the player, so if you try to learn a rock solo from notation without hearing it, you could end up sounding more "square" than what is actually intended, because you will be playing with more strict rhythm.
How can I train my ears to timings? Like starting with simple stuff? Any suggestions would be great.

Quote by korinaflyingv
Yeah but I assume you already know how to play in time... If he can't tell whether the timing's correct by listening to it then his ear is obviously not good enough yet to pick out the rhythm. Other than that, yeah I agree. But if he can't play in time yet, better 'square' than just off. It's much better to loosen up something rhythmically correct than just to have no idea at all.
Page 1 of 2