Hey there. I have the instruments and written material for songs but I have no idea what programs to use for anything, completely new to the recording world. Can anyone tell me what programs are fairly easy to use? I am willing to spend money to get it, if that makes my possibilities more open.
Reaper is actually one of the more complicated ones to learn from scratch, that's my experience after trying it out and I've worked with pretty much all of them.
Honestly, they're all daunting at first but some flows click in a certain way with an individual so it is pretty much your call.

Some of the easier ones to get started on:
Garageband (Mac)
Mixcraft (PC)
Tracktion (Mac, PC, Linux)

Depending on the interface manufacturer, most of them now come with some "lite" version of recording program which is good enough to get you started.

If you don't want to bother with a PC there are still a lot of viable options in the standalone market (hardware recorders).

Read the recording sticky.
Here is something to consider before you buy anything.... Do you want to record, or do you want a recording?

More detail here:
http://greenroommusicblog.blogspot.ca/2014/07/should-i-record-myself.html

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Just get Reaper in the long term it will be better, but you will need to put in the effort to get over the learning curve.
Reaper's workflow is not for everybody...personally, I can't stand it. It will get the job done in a pinch but I can't say I really like it...download and try the leading DAWs and see what works for you.
There are other sub-$100 than Reaper so look those up, I've listed some of them above.
Quote by ConstantMetal
Hey there. I have the instruments and written material for songs but I have no idea what programs to use for anything, completely new to the recording world. Can anyone tell me what programs are fairly easy to use? I am willing to spend money to get it, if that makes my possibilities more open.

My suggestion is to start by working with someone who has experience and learn the ropes before buying a bunch of gear and software. After you have recorded a dozen songs you will know exactly what you want to get.

Just want to dip your toe in and lay down some ideas and scratch demos? Get an ipad and Garageband. It is a great learning tool with a lot of virtual instruments that help you create music very quickly.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY