Hey, one of my bridge screws got stripped. Is there any way to fix it? maybe adding some glue? I need to buy a new screw but in the mean while is there anything I can do to temporarily fix that bridge screw?
Quote by misticone00
Hey, one of my bridge screws got stripped. Is there any way to fix it? maybe adding some glue? I need to buy a new screw but in the mean while is there anything I can do to temporarily fix that bridge screw?

you have a pic?
saying bridge screw is pretty vague
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The screw that adjusts the saddle's intonation or the screw that adjusts the string action at that saddle?

You need to be more specific.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
take the bridge off as much as possible and try grip pliers to get the screw through. If it's an import bridge I'd just replace the whole thing with either something better or something similar as you'd be surprised how many companies use this and that. Unless the guitar is super old remember to use the specific screwdriver you're supposed to, to avoid stripping.

Sometimes you can get lucky and use different screw drivers but grip pliers I'd highly recommend if you know anyone who would have them to let you borrow them. Put some tape under and around the baseplate of the bridge and all as well to avoid scratching.

it's an easy google search to find out what kind of screw exactly you need as well. I probably have a drawer full of the cheap import ones but the price of a roller strat bridge or a GFS strat tremolo with the brass block in it is a much more sensible option than paying say 5-7$ for a 10 cent (at most) screw plus shipping.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Aug 9, 2015,
Cut a slot in the screw head with a 3 inch pice of hacksaw blade. just file a nice deep groove in it.....the small saw blade will keep you from hitting the finish too easy....but a few pieces of blue tape in that area will protect the finish. Use a flat head screwdriver in the slot after you cut it.

Easy one.