Hi UG community! So, I'd like to know if anyone out there has ever played, or has an opinion on the Chapman Ghost Frets that are now for sale to the public.

I ask because I obviously wont have the chance to play before I buy (they are only sold at Andertons in the UK and only a few dealers here in the States) but I really like the looks and the way it sounds from the YouTube videos I've heard.

Thanks for any help in advance!!
Most dealers are still advertising these as preorders because the guitars haven’t come in, so don’t expect many experienced responses. But the World Music Industries factory doesn’t fück around with quality—if you get one it should be an excellent guitar.
You cannot really expect any of us to have played one yet. They were released very recently.

The Ghost Fret looks really awesome, but the fact that it's affiliated with Rob Chapman is a real turn-off.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You cannot really expect any of us to have played one yet. They were released very recently.

The Ghost Fret looks really awesome, but the fact that it's affiliated with Rob Chapman is a real turn-off.

Fun Fact(TM), Rob personally wiped his balls on a random selection of Ghost Fret necks after running a half marathon.

Please note, Fun Facts may be fun, factual or none of the above
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Fun Fact(TM), Rob personally wiped his balls on a random selection of Ghost Fret necks after running a half marathon.

Don't give him video ideas. He's watching.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Don't give him video ideas. He's watching.

What we really need to see is how whether a Chapman guitar breaks before a Chapman skull.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33542345

Please note, Fun Facts may be fun, factual or none of the above

That wouldn't phase me. I've done a lot worse.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30324804

The problem is it's Rob Chapman doing it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33542421
Wouldn't it have been more sensible to use the wing without the strap button?

But then the pickguard, the output jack and the selector switch would complicate things.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But then the pickguard, the output jack and the selector switch would complicate things.

Well, you could always have gone with the real best option, which would have been suggesting that your penis would do the job much better.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33542445
Well, you could always have gone with the real best option, which would have been suggesting that your penis would do the job much better.

Why thank you, darling.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by esky15
So what exactly is a ghost fret?

An explorer style guitar from Chapman Guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
An explorer style guitar from Chapman Guitars

Yea I've seen the guitars before, but is it just a name for the sake of a name or is there a reason for it?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Whats wrong with Rob Chapman? He's a good guitarist and an ok singer... he does look a bit odd but other than that he's cool lol!
^ I also find his videos/reviews pretty fun and informative, but apparently some people here have a strong dislike for him as he used to post here and was quite annoying and heavily self-promoting.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
Quote by esky15
Yea I've seen the guitars before, but is it just a name for the sake of a name or is there a reason for it?

I think (but I'm not entirely sure) that the E, A, and D strings would be fretted while the G, B, and e were to be fretless. Hence the name Ghost Fret

That was just a very early idea, and it eventually changed, but the name Ghost Fret stuck.

Like I said, I'm not certain of that but I seem to remember that from somewhere
Quote by Jamesplaysbass at #33543496
Whats wrong with Rob Chapman? He's a good guitarist and an ok singer... he does look a bit odd but other than that he's cool lol!

The marketing strategies he uses to promote his brand are annoying and grossly misleading. Especially in terms of his band's US tour being a Chapman guitar marketing campaign in disguise. There are other marketing strategies he's used that I think are sketchy but I won't list them here. As on this forum, several of them are done to death.

I don't think he's a good guitarist either. He plays the same pentatonic boxes in every demo he's ever done and while that's forgivable for a person who doesn't have a whole lot of time to practice guitar to develop a very wide range of styles. (Like most people can't) It isn't very forgivable for a person who plays and demos guitars for a living. And in terms of his singing, I've heard better drunken sailors. His band isn't terrible, but nothing special.

With that said though, I will admit that some of his videos are quite informative. And his guitars do look pretty cool.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 11, 2015,
Chapman is a salesman to claims he's doing reviews, that's what irks me.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Jamesplaysbass
I think (but I'm not entirely sure) that the E, A, and D strings would be fretted while the G, B, and e were to be fretless. Hence the name Ghost Fret

That was just a very early idea, and it eventually changed, but the name Ghost Fret stuck.

Like I said, I'm not certain of that but I seem to remember that from somewhere

Interesting concept.