Hey y'alls. I've recently got into the music of Huddie "Lead Belly" Ledbetter and would love to cover a couple of his tunes. I dug out and dusted off my old Kingston twelve string. A friend of my family gave it to me 5 or 6 years ago, he'd had it for years but doesn't play guitar (even though he collects them) It sounds great when it's all tuned up, I've tuned it down to C to get more of a Lead Bellyish sound.

The thing is, I know NOTHING about the guitar or the company that made it. I know it's old, I'm guessing mid to late 70s...And it's beat to hell. It's Korean made. I'm not even 100% sure that the model is called a V2-12, but that's the only thing stamped on the Kingston sticker inside the sound hole.

I took a couple (crappy) pictures, maneuvering my laptop's webcam. Is there anything anyone can tell me about this old ax?

Not a whole lot of info available on Kingston. Mainly Japanese guitars made by Kawai. Originally appeared in the US around late 50's I think, I have a Kingston electric made in the 70's.

Best info I can find is here

http://www.vintageguitar.com/1933/jack-westheimer/

Good article, scroll down about halfway for Kingston info.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...