So right now I have the DSL40c. I just bought it from Guitar Center the other day. I've also been looking at the Orange and really like the tone.
Yes one is tube and other is solid state. Even with the Marshall turned down to 20 watts its still really loud for my room and I don't seem to get a good tone out of it... unless its cranked up really loud.
I am also wanting to record so thats why I think the Orange being not so loud... but still good tone at low volume will be better suited for it.

Just wanted some other opinions on what you guys prefer.
I have the DSL40C too and it sounds awesome. I can't tell you how impressed i was with the sounds I was getting out of it. I love it. But it does need to be turned up a bit to get those sounds. There's people who say it sounds great at bedroom levels. No, it doesn't. This baby needs to breathe.
Lucky for me I also have a nice solid state CRATE half stack that sounds the same on 10 as it does on .01. But I don't take that on gigs or to practice.
I have no experience with Orange so sorry no help there.
SS oranges don't sound that great. The DSL is much better.

SS amps are not necessarily better quiet than tube amps.

Keep the DSL and drop $80 on a micro terror head and run it into the speaker in your dsl. *ask if you don't know what you are doing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Aug 10, 2015,
ehh..can you test it first? i agree. im general, ive found many Solid state amps to have a better taper with their volume. less of a 1-10 scenario, however its not a fact.

i also maintain DSLs are some of the best bang for your bucks in the amp world. one of my favs. never heard a bad tone out of em.

could you rig up something like this
http://www.tedweber.com/gadgets/attenuators

or a fancier Mesa Cab Clone

? something that would give you attentuation, speaker phone use, or a line out for recording right to a board?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Upgrade the speaker and tubes in the DSL and call it a day.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Definitely the DSL, the crush shouldn't even be on your radar
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
so the attenuators will decrease the wattage for me? It has a headphone output too? How could I rig up that Mesa Cab?

I thinking about keeping it. I went back to Guitar Center today to play the other today and it was alright. Nothing like that punch from the tube
You don't need another cab, just throw a V30 into it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by smith0180
so the attenuators will decrease the wattage for me? It has a headphone output too? How could I rig up that Mesa Cab?

I thinking about keeping it. I went back to Guitar Center today to play the other today and it was alright. Nothing like that punch from the tube

I don't think that an attenuator would be a good option. Yes it reduces wattage, but mostly headroom is lost, and you probably don't want power tube distortion anyways.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Forgot to mention, with an attenuator you will burn through your tubes faster also.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!