The interview is one called " Marty Friedman: 'I'd Rather Chew Glass Than Listen to Hendrix'"

Two articles going by this name posted august 8, 2015.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/marty_friedman_id_rather_chew_glass_than_listen_to_hendrix.html#219146

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/marty_friedman_id_rather_chew_glass_than_listen_to_hendrix.html

I say this is a fake article because it includes the exact same words as another article posted on UG in 2009. Both interviews were supposedly done by Steven Rosen. In this new interview the questions are worded differently than in the older interview, but the answer is exactly the same word for word.

the old interview is "Marty Friedman: 'Nobody Is More Of A Perfectionist Than I Am'"

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/marty_friedman_nobody_is_more_of_a_perfectionist_than_i_am.html

the parts in question are:

When you talk about the actual theater element of a live show, nobody did that better than KISS. You've been a huge KISS fan forever, right?

There are so many guitar players that started from KISS. The great thing about music is everybody has the right to their own opinion and that's what makes it interesting. I used to play with Jason Becker and he was the biggest Bob Dylan fan in the world. And to me, I'd rather chew glass than listen to Bob Dylan. But that was fine. You've got to have those differences in opinions. There are certainly no good and no bad in music. It's all what it means to you. It has nothing to do with tonality or pitch or talent or tone or any of those things. It everything to do with the experiences in your life around this music.

What kind of music don't you like?

I'm not a huge fan of hardcore rap and stuff, but then at the same time, you have to respect any artist or anybody who can make hundreds and thousands and millions of people happy with what they do. Here's one that will get ya. There are so many guitar players that started from Hendrix? I'd rather chew glass than listen to Hendrix.

That is so weird to hear you say that. I don't know if I've ever talked to a guitarist who didn't love Jimi.

I never got Hendrix. When I think of Hendrix, an image comes in my mind about a lot of hippies rolling around in mud tripping on acid and it just doesn't turn me on at all. And all that noise and feedback and I'm like, "Play in tune." I'm a big tuning guy and that's probably why I don't like Dylan because things go out of tune and it kills me. But then again, all of my favorite guitarists hail Hendrix: I'm a big Uli Jon Roth fan and he's the most beautiful guitarist. He probably loves Hendrix as much as Hendrix's own mother does. All the guys I respect love Hendrix so I know there's something there. It's just that I never got it because it never fit into my experiences.

The part from the old article is:

On a sort of a tangent was your love affair with Kiss. I know that Ace Frehley was a huge influence on a lot of players including Van Halen and yourself. It's hard to understand what it was about Ace and Kiss in general that so attracted you?

The great thing about music is everybody has the right to their own opinion and that's what makes it interesting. I used to play with Jason Becker and he was the biggest Bob Dylan fan in the world. And to me, I'd rather chew glass than listen to Bob Dylan. But that was fine; you've got to have those differences in opinions. There are certainly no good and no bad in music; it's all what it means to you. It has nothing to do with tonality or pitch or talent or tone or any of those things; it has everything to do with the experiences in your life around this music.

I have to say about Kiss and about stuff I can't stand; I'm not a huge fan of hardcore rap and stuff, but then at the same time, you have to respect any artist or anybody who can make hundreds and thousands and millions of people happy with what they do.

And I respect the hell out of Kiss; I just don't think they're very good.

(Laughter) There are so many guitar players that started from Kiss. But then again, here's one that will get ya. There are so many guitar players that started from Hendrix? I'd rather chew glass than listen to Hendrix.

I sensed a little bit of hostility towards him when I mentioned his name as an influence on one of your songs. But I had no idea you really didn't like him.

I never got Hendrix. When I think of Hendrix, an image comes in my mind about a lot of hippies rolling around in mud tripping on acid and it just doesn't turn me on at all. And all that noise and feedback and I'm like, Play in tune. I'm a big tuning guy and that's probably why I don't like Dylan; things go out of tune and it kills me. But then again, all of my favorite guitarists hail Hendrix: I'm a big Uli Jon Roth fan and he's the most beautiful guitarist. I'm actually going to play with him in Japan for his show. He probably loves Hendrix as much as Hendrix's own mother does. All the guys I respect love Hendrix so I know there's something there, it's just that I never got it because it never fit into my experiences.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1