Hey guys,
I know JH/QOTSA uses the Fulltone Ultimate Octave pedal to get that nice "Sick Sick Sick"/"Gardenia"/"Regular John" style of sound, and I'd love to get that pedal but its not in production and I dont have a spare £250 to drop on one off ebay or something. So this brings me to my question, does the Electro Harmonix Octavix pedal produce a very similar or same style of effect or sound? Or can anyone recommend an appropriate pedal?
Cheers
The basis if Josh Homme's sound is that he runs his guitar through a bass amp. It's kind of a unique thing to try and do with pedals.

Not sure an octave fuzz is what you want. I have a Mammoth fuzz clone and it's almost too much bass for that sort of sound. Something like a good ol' Big Muff or a Fuzz Face would be best. I'd turn the gain down on the pedal a lot to get that wolly, bassy but relatively clean sound. Then hit it with a OD for some dirt. Low-mid gain amp. That gets me close.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
The basis if Josh Homme's sound is that he runs his guitar through a bass amp. It's kind of a unique thing to try and do with pedals.

Not sure an octave fuzz is what you want. I have a Mammoth fuzz clone and it's almost too much bass for that sort of sound. Something like a good ol' Big Muff or a Fuzz Face would be best. I'd turn the gain down on the pedal a lot to get that wolly, bassy but relatively clean sound. Then hit it with a OD for some dirt. Low-mid gain amp. That gets me close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxk4QjjNYQ

Check that out, man.
What gets you really close is the Catalinbread SFT pedal, that is the instant classic Qotsa sound. Use a Booster with it and your there. (Works for me)
Im happy with my distorted/overdriven sound, I just want to mimic the octave up(?) sound that he manages to do so well.