Hello guys, i sold the peavey and got this one!!!

This randall is my new Amp and im in love with it!!! Randall RG1503!

Here is the picture !

Well let me start with the pros and cons :

Pros:

The amp is really quiet, even with the gain knob on the max it have almost no noise!!!

Volume is not a problem, its like a nuclear bomb man!! Believe me, this can make your neighbourhood bleed! It can handle for sure big shows!!! These 2x12 speakers are loud and tight as hell!

3 Channels, the clean is good ( not the best but not the worst), the channel 2 is tight and agressive, remembers the RG100es sound, the channel 3 is where the magic begins ( Modern sound, very very agressive, just the best out there for sure on its price).

Alot of good options, mid scoop and bass enhace buttons, the equalizer is very sensitive!!!

Fx Loop feature also helps the interaction with offboard pedals...man it can go with almost any pedal on the market, i tested alof of different sound pedals like tube screamers, distortions, they all work great with the built in eq and effects.

In general it sounds amazing and i like it more than the vypyr 60t that i had.

The Jfet technology is the best for sure, i dont miss tube sound, and with a blind test i
cant describe with one is jfet and with one is tube, man this amp was my dream and now i got it !!!! The sound is very very warm!!!

Cons

Well the negative part of this amp is for sure the Shared EQ....the eq is the same for all channels...this limited me a little.

The reverb is not so good with the high gain, you cant hear it when the gain is more than a half open! I have an Zoom G1 next pedal that makes the reverb better than the built in one!!

The amp is really heavy to carry, its ~45KG!!!

So thats it, this amp is a must have and i wish it never stopps producing, i just love it!!! I think ill never go for tube amps again!!! Noise free, warm sound, killer distortion, louder as hell!! YEAH! thats the randall rG1503 combo!
Last edited by jasonhelene at Aug 12, 2015,
Congrats man! Severely underrated amp, a lot of people tend to overlook it just because its solid state but Randall knew what they were doing with this baby. I like mine a lot, its brutal.

Thankfully I have just a head version. I used to have older Randall RG75 G3 combo and that thing weighted a ton too. Closed back with something like inch thick walls all around the cab... Jeebus I cant think how heavy 2x12 combo would be, and without handles on the sides too just like 1x12.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I have the RG1503 head and a Krankenstein 4x12 cab.It's my dream rig pretty much too.I don't think anything at this price comes close to the quality of tone on these amps.
Quote by King Shredder
I have the RG1503 head and a Krankenstein 4x12 cab.It's my dream rig pretty much too.I don't think anything at this price comes close to the quality of tone on these amps.

+infinity.

I run mine with a laney IRT 2x12 and it's killer.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Nice to know that i have alot of friends here with good feedbacks on this amp!!

Man it just sounds killer!!! Does anyone tried to achieve different tones on the channel 3? i tried with nux overdrive but it clipps alot even with the drive at zero and tone at 12 xD

I saw some people saiyng that it goes good with bad monkey or metal zone, is it true?

Im just using EQ to boost now and feels ok but i would like your experience on it to tell me what do you guys usually use with this amp? XD

I should say that even guv Marshall pedal on the channel is sounds amazing too!!!
Last edited by jasonhelene at Aug 12, 2015,
None of the Randall SS amps i have owned did well with OD's. Really the only SS amp i have owned that takes OD's well is my music man (SS pre, tube pi and power section).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jasonhelene
So thats it, this amp is a must have and i wish it never stopps producing, i just love it!!! I think ill never go for tube amps again!!! Noise free, warm sound, killer distortion, louder as hell!! YEAH! thats the randall rG1503 combo!

Huh?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Man discovered!!! Need to put the tube screamer in front of the amp, and the ambience fx like delay and eq on the fx loop, i was using everything on the fx loop but not good, does anyone knows if this fx loop is parallel? well now it sounds KILLER!!! man i have so much gain, the sound is really tight as hell, i can achieve alot of brutal tones, even cannibal corpse tone and foward!!! This amp is ****ing brutal and nice! *-*

So the deal is...put distortion and overdrives in front of it, all the other pedals on the fx loop, and im using an behringer noise reducer just to insert some more gain without adding noise....i can say i have now a killer rig.

by the way the pedals that goes good with it are:

Bad Monkey
Nux overdrive ( im actually using this one with channel 3 and dist = 0 tone = 3 o clock vol= max

Boss Metalzone ( yes i decided that i will buy one, i tested it and its a beast to boost randall amps!

Joyo EQ pedal ( An equalizer is essential to make these amps sound great, it's a must have.)
Last edited by jasonhelene at Aug 14, 2015,
How do you set the settings?
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fryderyczek
How do you set the settings?

Friend..im using this way:

gain 12 o clock
volume 12 o clock
Bass + boost 13 o clock
Mid 10 o clock
Treble 15 o clock
Presence 14 o clock

Then perfect.