Hey y'all.

I'm currently expanding my studio and need upgrade my workspace a good bit. I'm going to be upgrading desks. I found some used one's on CL.

Here's my two options:

Studio RTA Producer Station:
I can get it for $100-125. I don't think it's super pretty but it should get the job done.

Omnirax Presto 4:
$300. Looks nice and should have everything but is a little more money.

Which is the better desk? Thanks! Would like to get one tomorrow.
I actually have the RTA Producer Station, so I can give you some info about that:

First, it's solid as a rock. It's massive and heavy, but it's very very sturdy.

Second, some of the rack mounting threads are tapped slightly off. A little wonky maybe and the powder coat is very thick so it takes some effort to bolt things to it.

Third, the trim along the edges will chip and fall off immediately. Okay maybe not immediately, but it's certainly not hard wearing. If you have some spare time, it might be an idea to replace it with proper glue-on stuff and use lots of glue and clamps to make it stick properly.

I really like it. The wheels allow it to be shifted by one person and they're lockable too.

Just a warning though, the disk racks don't hold DVDs. Only CD cases and then only loosely. I'd take them out and put some monitors under there... if my monitors were smaller.
Quote by CorrosionMedia
I actually have the RTA Producer Station, so I can give you some info about that:

First, it's solid as a rock. It's massive and heavy, but it's very very sturdy.

Second, some of the rack mounting threads are tapped slightly off. A little wonky maybe and the powder coat is very thick so it takes some effort to bolt things to it.

Third, the trim along the edges will chip and fall off immediately. Okay maybe not immediately, but it's certainly not hard wearing. If you have some spare time, it might be an idea to replace it with proper glue-on stuff and use lots of glue and clamps to make it stick properly.

I really like it. The wheels allow it to be shifted by one person and they're lockable too.

Just a warning though, the disk racks don't hold DVDs. Only CD cases and then only loosely. I'd take them out and put some monitors under there... if my monitors were smaller.

Thanks for the info! Picking it up today.