Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 12, 2015,
Wasn't m123 associated with MF and GC?

Edit:i was hoping to see a NAD Danny.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Aug 12, 2015,
Definitely MF. I don't think they're connected to GF.

I was hoping to see a NAD Danny.

Unless the TRULY unexpected happens, I won't be buying an amp until 2016.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Definitely MF. I don't think they're connected to GF.

Unless the TRULY unexpected happens, I won't be buying an amp until 2016.

I thought they were all together at one point. WWBW is affiliated with them too.

Haha. I am not bothering you with new amp thing, am i? It's all in good fun i assure you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Well that does it. Its confirmed that ther is absolutely no pooch wal mart wont screw.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Haha. I am not bothering you with new amp thing, am i? It's all in good fun i assure you.

Not bothered a bit!

I actually have found your posts helpful & informative- at times- and keeping the fire under my ass stoked also helps me keep focused on that goal.

Jeez you can get EBMMs and Dean USAs too, just saw those in suggested.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
MF and M123 seems to me to be pretty much the same or at least they work off the same warehouse and have the same policies.
now deans i can understand, but parker?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
"Honey, that maple flavoring you ordered from WaldoMart just arrived from FedUp, but it's in an awfully large box...."
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Not bothered a bit!

I actually have found your posts helpful & informative- at times- and keeping the fire under my ass stoked also helps me keep focused on that goal.

I had the opportunity to play a matchless dc 30 for a while, kinda got spoiled, they are pricey though. Look into a hayseed 15 or 30, i honestly haven't tried one, but a guitarist from my church loves his, i trust his taste, he sports brown face fenders, and even a 65 amps so ho.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, Music 123, and some other retailers are all owned by Guitar Holdings. And yes, most of them use the same web framework and ship from the same warehouse.
^^ that's insane
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
walmart limits all items to 15% markup over their cost

says sold by music123 though....another mark up likely
Last edited by Tempoe at Aug 14, 2015,
I don't know- the price seems unchanged compared to that guitar through other sellers- including via MF and Music123 directly. I suspect either:

1) the music retailers are trying to open up more avenues of sales, and are paying for the privilege.

OR

2) Wal-Mart is trying to open avenues into higher quality product lines & brand names- raising its profile upmarket, and is paying for the privilege

Walmart has a LOT more available online than in stores. And they've committed to doing more of that. It relieves inventory stress on the stores, reduces pilferage and damage, allows them to offer higher end merch.

It also allows them to carry things that are out of season, etc.
Quote by Tempoe
walmart limits all items to 15% markup over their cost

says sold by music123 though....another mark up likely

They're leaning on the Amazon model. You go to Walmart's website to buy it, but it's fulfilled elsewhere.
Quote by dspellman
They're leaning on the Amazon model. You go to Walmart's website to buy it, but it's fulfilled elsewhere.

And well that they should, given the phenomenal success of Amazon.

I think Wal-Mart won't be as successful without a few significant changes though, since in our "instant gratification" society, Amazon's shipping and customer service practices are a huge part of what's made them successful, and I don't see Wal-Mart being able to match that without a major overhaul in corporate culture.

If they DID manage such an overhaul, they may even be able to eclipse Amazon, given that they have the infrastructure in place for potentially even faster product delivery.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin