Hi guys, is it worth on trading my Ibanez RGA321 prestige for an ESP Horizon nt-ii in dark brown sunburst. The reason for the trade is that the neck on my ibby is too thin for me when playing thrashy power chord riffs and the ESP had a slightly fatter neck. The thing that's stopping me is that the esp neck have a finished neck which i'm not really into. I like unfinished guitar neck for smoother playing. Is this a big deal breaker for on the long run or should i just go for it? I know i'll be gettign an equally or even above quality instrument in the end but let me know what you guys think.
Quality wise, they are so damn similar. Value wise similar. It really just comes down to preference really. You do get used to finished necks after a while.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I play bass and guitar. My two basses have an unfinished neck. My ESP Horizon has a finished neck. I thought it'd be a big deal, especially when switching from bass to guitar, but in the long run (have had this setup for two years now) it doesn't bother me at all.

The Horizon form is the perfect metal guitar. You won't regret it if you love it as much as I do.
I make backing tracks for bass and guitar players. Check 'em out here.
Why not try playing it and see what you think of it? Be careful to make sure it's legit when trading with guitars of that value.

If the ESP was definitely a keeper you could always sand the neck back, but that might make it feel thinner again xD
I much, MUCH prefer the ESP. Then again, I'm not a huge Ibanez fan and I'm something of an ESP fanboy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.