Hello metalheads i have a questions for someone who knows more than me. So im sick of my terrible vintage guitar and finally i have decided to buy a new guitar but the problem is that i have no clue what are the differences and what is better, i would prefer to have one of those 4 brands ESP IBANEZ JACKSON SCHECTER. MY BUDEGET WOULD BE AROUND 500-700 EURO if nessesary and it will be worth of money im willing to spend MAX 1000euro. i need your help pls guys!!!!! The styles that i would like to get best out of the guitar are speed thrash death melodic death metal. The amp i am using at the moment is ROLAND CUBE 30 COSM. I know its not the best amp but i pretty like it. Also using boss multi effect proccesor + BOSS metal zone pedal.
You gotta give us some more help on this.

Neck profile?
Body shape?
Pickups?
Hardtail or trem?
Specific guitarists/tones,

Etc. Etc. Etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well i dont have lost of knowladge in all those things but ill try to do my best:

1. Neck profile: i have played only my vintage guitar so have no idea how other types of neck look and how they feel
2. Body shape it can be kind of cool heavy looking guitar shape or just nice looking guitar
3. Dont know lot about pickups but i was reading lots of good responses about EMG's always wanted to try those ones out. heard about duncans lot too but that the reason i dont know what the differences and which ones would suite styles i want to play
4. Tremolo like floyd rose would be pretty sweet but if theres anything better out there on the market or you guys can suggest something else i would be glad to listen
5. and the music i would like to play would be metallica, slayer, children of bodom, death, amon amarth, death angel, venom such kind of stuff lots of thrash speed metal and also lots of melodic death + powermetal prog metal.
also those 4 brands are pretty popular and i dont know what are the differences between them can you play those styles with all those 4 brands or any of those brands are better than another how and why? Thank you guys for your time
Last edited by alausvergas at Aug 12, 2015,
Well with your current amp that your happy with, I'd stay away from active PUs. That's just my opinion, but passives and solid states are a better match than actives (to my ears atleast). Those 3 brands have alot to offer at that price range and even more if you go used. From your post tho, it's sounds like your craving humbuckers rather than the single coils your vintage most likely has. Give us a little more info on what you in terms of specs.
Sorry you posted while I was answering. EMG has passives available called EMGHZ. Schecter Damien series have these available but not all models in this line are equipped with them. Some are active. I don't recommend a Floyd Rose unless you don't plan on changing your tuning. Completely different animal and has its advantages and fun, but they can be a head ache.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by pantallica87 at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by Dick Savage
Lose the metal zone and your tone improves 100%

That helped me a lot to choose a new guitar
What guitar do you currently have?

I really think that you should go and play as many guitars as you can so you see what you like best. Also maybe watch some youtube videos (take thm with a grain of salt), and see what fits your needs besr.

Do you want single coils and humbuckers?

Do you want a strat shape? a V? Explorer?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
What guitar do you currently have?

I really think that you should go and play as many guitars as you can so you see what you like best. Also maybe watch some youtube videos (take thm with a grain of salt), and see what fits your needs besr.

Do you want single coils and humbuckers?

Do you want a strat shape? a V? Explorer?

dont know the difference single coil or humbuckers for the shape maybe i would go for V or explorer
Quote by pantallica87
Well with your current amp that your happy with, I'd stay away from active PUs. That's just my opinion, but passives and solid states are a better match than actives (to my ears atleast). Those 3 brands have alot to offer at that price range and even more if you go used. From your post tho, it's sounds like your craving humbuckers rather than the single coils your vintage most likely has. Give us a little more info on what you in terms of specs.

i dont want a second hand would go for a new one rather, my guitar now is vintage forgot the model it has such two big wilkinson pickups and a trem green color it has tome and volume knobs + 3 way switch cant tell more sorry im pretty noob at those things thats ehy i need u guys
Well if you insist.....id say you are probably comparing apples to apples here. But if i were to pick a brand id go with Ibanez. I think they are the most versatile of the 4 brands but it really boils down to what asthetics appeal to you and what kinda feel you like. Thats the best advice i can offer.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
I guess this might not be immediately helpful, but how long have you been playing? If it's more than a couple months then honestly I really recommend you go to a store and try a few out; there's not really a better way to find out what you want.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Since you are kind of new to the whole "guitars good for metal" kind of thing, id go with something like an ibanez rg321, rg421(same thing as 321), or rg7321. The rg321 is one of the best guitars to get when starting out and does metal really well.

The rg7321 is almost the same except with 7 strings. Since you are into death metal, you will eventually want the extra string. That string will make it a bit harder to learn though.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Personally I'm not a fan of Ibanez. You won't be able to afford a real ESP, what you mean is LTD, which is made by ESP. I'd go for an ESP or a Schechter. Both brands are very nice quality in the price range you specified.

The MT-2 is alright for getting a better distortion if you're running a low gain amp, but I sold mine when I got the Peavey 6505 and I just use an overdrive now. I don't know what the Roland Cube's natural overdrive is like. As far as distortion go though, you can get far worse than the MT-2. I had an MXR Dime, that was awful...

Depends what melo-death you like, but I don't think you'll be needing a seven string. What bands do you like specifically though? You might want to consider a baritone if you'll be tuning low.
Quote by bustapr
Since you are kind of new to the whole "guitars good for metal" kind of thing, id go with something like an ibanez rg321, rg421(same thing as 321), or rg7321. The rg321 is one of the best guitars to get when starting out and does metal really well.

The rg7321 is almost the same except with 7 strings. Since you are into death metal, you will eventually want the extra string. That string will make it a bit harder to learn though.

HUGE-1

Way too much of a generalization.

BUT, I would go ibanez too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I guess this might not be immediately helpful, but how long have you been playing? If it's more than a couple months then honestly I really recommend you go to a store and try a few out; there's not really a better way to find out what you want.

i play for long time im not pro but i played first time when i was 15 so it was 10 years ago but i never had a chance to buy anything fancy that cost more than 100 euro so now i have that chance but im pretty bad in any specs og guitars and their equipment, i had big stops in playing tho.
Quote by dragonzrmetal
Personally I'm not a fan of Ibanez. You won't be able to afford a real ESP, what you mean is LTD, which is made by ESP. I'd go for an ESP or a Schechter. Both brands are very nice quality in the price range you specified.

The MT-2 is alright for getting a better distortion if you're running a low gain amp, but I sold mine when I got the Peavey 6505 and I just use an overdrive now. I don't know what the Roland Cube's natural overdrive is like. As far as distortion go though, you can get far worse than the MT-2. I had an MXR Dime, that was awful...

Depends what melo-death you like, but I don't think you'll be needing a seven string. What bands do you like specifically though? You might want to consider a baritone if you'll be tuning low.

i like bands like children of bodom arch enemy kalmah kataklysm and lots more, then for thrash metal slayer metallica venom death angel carcass
You need to go to a guitar store and try out as many different guitars as possible. You obviously don't know what you are looking for in terms of what actually matters, so getting out there to play some guitars is where to start on that front.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675

Its long, but I encourage you to read it through. It's a good guide for some of the terminology that you may be unfamiliar with. You should really just go to a shop and play what you can.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675

Its long, but I encourage you to read it through. It's a good guide for some of the terminology that you may be unfamiliar with. You should really just go to a shop and play what you can.

"good"' is a bit strong, surely?

It was written a good while ago when I knew a lot less than I do now (not that I know much now either ), so bear that in mind when reading it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Out of interest, do you play with your thumb over the neck or resting on the back? If you play with your thumb over the top of the neck, you may prefer a guitar with a rounder neck (e.g. Schecter), whereas if you play with your thumb resting on the back, you may prefer a flatter neck (e.g. Ibanez).
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
^ There probably is some correlation with that, as you said, but it's not necessarily 100%- I spend a lot of time with my thumb around the neck and I like thin Ibanez-style necks (at least for faster playing). You really just need to try them to see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ There probably is some correlation with that, as you said, but it's not necessarily 100%- I spend a lot of time with my thumb around the neck and I like thin Ibanez-style necks (at least for faster playing). You really just need to try them to see which you prefer.

+1