What are your opinions on this pedal guys, pros and cons of it and what kind of sound can you get out of it is it any good for thrash death melodic death metal?
Prepare for horrible things to happen...

Either way, there are better options for a similar or just slightly higher price if you really want a pedal, the MXR Fullbore Metal is a total killing machine with pretty impressive EQ options and cuts through the mix like a laser (had one for quite a while). I also heard some good things about EHX Big Muff and Metal Muff but never tried those.

Although I don't like being "that guy", but unless you're on a really tight budget or just need the pedal to play metal occasionally rather than most of the time, it's probably a better idea to get a decent metal-oriented amp, so here we go: what amp do you have?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's no point in trying to convince a moron.
It has a very good EQ, but as a distortion pedal? I think it's fun to have just to play around with a beyond brutal distortion when you're in that kind of mood, but I haven't really dialed in a tone I would like to use to create music with. It's a very nasal sounding distortion, a bit like having a wah engaged in a sweet spot at all times. Very tiring on the ears, in my opinion.

Otherwise it's a Boss pedal - built like a tank, easy to use... It's just not a pedal that I would recommend as a distortion pedal. Use it as a buffer & EQ and you're fine though.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
one of the worst pedals i have ever heard.
Fender Lefty Stratocaster
Ernie Ball Super Slinky Purple Strings
Vox AC15
Misc. Pedals
Yep its pretty terrible. It just, does not sound good, at all.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Random got it right in my opinion. Sounds like a swarm of bees to me also but then again so do many "metal" pedals not just that one.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
A lot of it comes down to taste, and also knowing how to use it. I used to think that the MT2 blew chunks, until a friend of mine dialed it in and put it in my chain. It blew me away. It's definitely not for everyone, but if you're looking for a slightly over-the-top distortion for any extreme sub-genre of metal, it's the one. There's just this conception that it's an easy pedal to use, for a lot of beginners the semi-parametric eq is a little tricky to use.
As a distortion pedal through a clean channel of the amps, it kinda sucks. No matter what you do with it it tends to become a can of bees. As a preamp to the power amp or FX Return of some good amp, its surprisingly good. People bashing MT2 should try it one time with open mind.

And of course, as a boost (Distortion off, level above noon) its pretty much instant nowaday Cannibal Corpse tone. That's what they use (though Keeley modded but stock one works too) with their Mesa Rectifier and it cant get much more brutal tone than that without turning everything to mush.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I used to use one when all I had was a vox valvettonix practice amp. I had what I thought at the time to be decent results using it on the clean channel but overtime I just sounds really bad and will leave you frustrated.

Harsh sounding pedal much better options out there but hey, there a dime a dozen and can be found used for $40 better than nothing if your amp can't produce.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
I never could get a good sound from it, at the time I had a Marshall AVT50 head and 4x12 cab and even through that it sounded real thin.I've since read that some guys use it as a boost like tubescreamers but I never tried it like that, just on the clean channel.At the time I wasn't real knowledgeable with gear so I never thought about using it like that.People who play around with them a lot claim they can get a good sound.
Quote by TheLiberation
Prepare for horrible things to happen...

Either way, there are better options for a similar or just slightly higher price if you really want a pedal, the MXR Fullbore Metal is a total killing machine with pretty impressive EQ options and cuts through the mix like a laser (had one for quite a while). I also heard some good things about EHX Big Muff and Metal Muff but never tried those.

Although I don't like being "that guy", but unless you're on a really tight budget or just need the pedal to play metal occasionally rather than most of the time, it's probably a better idea to get a decent metal-oriented amp, so here we go: what amp do you have?

I have at the moment roland cube cosmox30 your opinion on that?
Thanks for the reply i will think of getting maybe something else than maybe u can suggest something for playing thrash metal like metellica slayer venom death angel,,, and death metal like death amon amarth and stuff like children of bodom arch enemy
Quote by Random3
Oh God not the bees! Not the bees! Aarrghh they're in my eyes! My eyes! Aaaaaaaaaaaggghhh!!

Seriously though what amp do you have?

Roland cube cosmx30
I primarily use it as a boost in front of an already gainy amp, it's kinda like a Maxon OD808 on steroids, and doesn't sound that bad
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Dressing my steak with cum is just adding more protein to my steak.

Quote by Roc8995
The Hello Kitty Strat is the most metal guitar known to man.
Useless. Fizzy. Buzzy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by alausvergas
Thanks for the reply i will think of getting maybe something else than maybe u can suggest something for playing thrash metal like metellica slayer venom death angel,,, and death metal like death amon amarth and stuff like children of bodom arch enemy

Boss HM-2, original Japanese version for the death metal stuff (or, again, the metal zone, but the HM-2 is better). A cheaper option for the thrash is the Marshall Jackhammer, the Shredmaster's probably better though. Although, if you're thinking of an amp upgrade, a tube-amp plus a tubescreamer can nail that old-school sound.
what is your current amp? if its a moddeling amp either mess with the amp till you get something you can stomach, if its a ss amp grab a used jekyll and hyde (60 bucks) if you got something like a fender tube amp go with a amp tweaker tight metal. otherwise get a new amp.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I think it has its uses...I auditioned for a BM band long long time ago and the guy was running two of these as a front channel to a Mesa Boogie amp. He was dialing some mild crunch from both but stacked it was a beast. I guess you can say Burzum sound in a can
It`s a good pedal for the money. Just be careful with a distortion knob. You can lose definition and after a cetain point (amount of gain) it stops to really matter what chord you are playing. Generally and paradoxicaly, it`s not the best pedal for a really brutal distortion. You can play old school heavy or tharsh metal, but for more modern stuff there are better options.
Best!
at 105 dollars new you cant even say that anymore (used 30-70 bucks). especially with all the mooer, joyo, danelectro, ehx, mxr.... you get the idea. bad pedal is bad its ok as a boost but you might as well get an mxr ten band use it for that purpose anyway
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
personally, I love it. Use it with my bass (ESP LTD something or other) into my Fender M80 chorus bass combo (1x15, 180 watt, I believe). Can get some really dark doomy sounds out of it. Really rattles the foundation of my house when i get in there good. I hear a lot of hate about this pedal, but really don't understand.