Hello guys,
I didn't find a thread about this subject, so ... I'm writing one.
I've been playing actively for 6 years now, so I've come a long way, tryed different techniques and things. Now there is one more technique I want to learn, but I don't even know it's name. It's like you talk throuth the guitar. You say things with it. Siple things like OK, why not etc. I've seen guitarists like Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai doing it. They usually use wah.
What is the name of this technique and are there any articles or videos about it?

Best regards,
Kostadin
I might be completely misinterpreting, but there's an effect called a talkbox which I can imagine Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai using. As far as I know that's the only way to convincingly enunciate any words using a guitar sound; you can hear it on the intro of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" or the chorus of 2Pac's "California Love", and here's a bloke with a neat Dutch accent demoing one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIN_X7BPu-8

If that's not what you're talking about then never mind, I just thought it was the most probable thing you could mean.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yes I know about the talkbox. Isn't there any techniques with a simple wah or something else?
Quote by DrCIH
...things like OK, why not etc.

I'm sorry, but why would you want to do that?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by DrCIH
Yes I know about the talkbox. Isn't there any techniques with a simple wah or something else?

Any chance you could give an example of the effect you're thinking of in an actual song? It's difficult to do more than guess without hearing the actual effect.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
The only thing I can think of for Gilbert is at the end of get out of my yard, he just talks into the pickups. I'm not familiar with Vai's catalogue.

It has to be a talkbox you're thinking of. You can get the same effect as a wah with a talkbox, but there's things you can do with talkbox that the wah can't.
rickyj,
Thats exactly what I was talking about - The Audiance Is Listening. But are there any articles on how to achieve it, or I have to figure it out myself ?