Page 1 of 2
A few observations in the form of over-generalized statements about a few of the forum subgroups:

Effects, Pedals, Strings and Things/Amps and Cabs: I am serious player with serious rig, wanting advice on something to improve/posting about a device for discussion 40+pages

Guitar Gear and Accessories: what is a preamp volume
---
The Emporium: "I am selling thing. Do you want thing?" "Yes I want thing. Here is your cash!" "Thanks! Good dealings with you!"

Classifieds:
---
The Pub: Non-satirical conversation about recent happenings

The Pit: baby joel and bears

I like UG better.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 12, 2015,
The average dude in the electric guitar section of TGP is a super uneducated neckbeard who thinks their preference is god-abiding law. Their classifieds are way better, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
The median age and income of TGP users is far higher than UG's. I'm suprised their old, deaf ears can still hear the difference between NOS and cryogenically treated tubes, even when obscured by the sound of their cracking bones.
i haven't even heard of either of these things
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I don't even knw what TGP is
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I don't even knw what TGP is

The Gear Page?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can tell if it's eager, because you put your hand down her pants and it feels like a horse eating oats.

Nicest compliment on my looks:
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Putting the 'sex' in 'convicted sex offender'.
tgp wins on everything from a forum standpoint for me. UG wins on "news" and the funnies
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by JustRooster
The average dude in the electric guitar section of TGP is a super uneducated neckbeard who thinks their preference is god-abiding law. Their classifieds are way better, though.

EG here is the definitive cesspit of retardation and drain clogging facial hair. TGP can't possibly be any worse.

Not that I plan on finding out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Should we go to war? We have to take their lands!

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by thejester
UG wins on "news" and the funnies

post-irony at it's finest
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
post-irony at it's finest

Have you not ventured out to said lands, and explored? How was it like?

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I like that there is a bit more variety in some of the recommendations for amps. especially if they want to play metal here its automatic 6505 and if they are somewhat on a tighter budget the jca 50, or if they are really broke peavey vypyr... but on the other hand they are a hell of a lot snobbier for example if its not some insanely over priced boutique pedal they look down on you and say its crap. then there is reddit which is omg this spider iii and first act are amazing. I guess we are the middle ground some what.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Have you not ventured out to said lands, and explored? How was it like?

I live out there now. Some hail me as a new CCC (Comedic Column Cleaner )

Two main factions: Those that hate every comment I post. and those who love every comment I post. There really isn't a middle ground. It's a very interesting community though. Such strange people with such strong opinions about things that don't matter.

I fit right in

here is one of my first great moments, and still one of the greatest
it's all coming back

Last edited by Baby Joel at Aug 12, 2015,
It's weird right?

Like I once said something totally obscene and I got many upvotes. Strange world out there.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by Baby Joel at #33545557
I live out there now. Some hail me as a new CCC (Comedic Column Cleaner )

Two main factions: Those that hate every comment I post. and those who love every comment I post. There really isn't a middle ground. It's a very interesting community though. Such strange people with such strong opinions about things that don't matter.

I fit right in

here is one of my first great moments, and still one of the greatest

Your comments are probably the only good thing in the comment sections
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
EG here is the definitive cesspit of retardation and drain clogging facial hair. TGP can't possibly be any worse.

Not that I plan on finding out.

If you don't run your vintage '59 LP into a Klon into your Dumble, you might as well just give up, at least if you post on TGP and take their advice seriously.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
the description for GG&A obviously should have been "what you really need is a new amp"
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I just visited TGP

All I saw was bunch of old ladies drinking tea and chatting.

So boring
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
^yeah and religious & political debates banned? what a bunch of wimps lmao.

wtf do they talk about? the weather? old ladies would be damn right except most old ladies are actually pretty cool these days cause they're all kinda nuts from being 60s kids.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
^yeah and religious & political debates banned? what a bunch of wimps lmao.

wtf do they talk about? the weather? old ladies would be damn right except most old ladies are actually pretty cool these days cause they're all kinda nuts from being 60s kids.

I meant geriatric old ladies

60's old ladies are pleasantly not-boring people mostly
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

They talk about how this weeks Klone is totally unqiue and sounds way better than last week's Klone, and also gear drama
GG&A is by far the worst subforum on UG though. Bunch of old losers with more money and useless gear, most of which they probably don't use, than actual ability to play that just circle jerk over boutique tube amps and Tubescreamer clones. Meanwhile if somebody asks about less common effects, they'll be lucky to get half a dozen replies. And yet every "Which OD pedal?" thread has the same few guys asking about how the other likes that 17th new TS clone that he just got. They probably can't even tell the difference.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
GG&A is by far the worst subforum on UG though. Bunch of old losers with more money and useless gear, most of which they probably don't use, than actual ability to play that just circle jerk over boutique tube amps and Tubescreamer clones. Meanwhile if somebody asks about less common effects, they'll be lucky to get half a dozen replies. And yet every "Which OD pedal?" thread has the same few guys asking about how the other likes that 17th new TS clone that he just got. They probably can't even tell the difference.

Lmao
Quote by theogonia777

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by nico_9550
Your comments are probably the only good thing in the comment sections

thanks much
it's all coming back

Quote by theogonia777

You sound...jealous...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
There are obviously ups and downs. Forums run by oldies (although not similar to our resident oldies Arby and Jackal) have ridiculously tight rules and quite frankly have sticks up their asses. I had a post deleted on the AGF for jokingly (and caveating it with "just kidding ") saying that I would not spend 50 dollars on a single guitar pick because I'm not a moron.

So UG fosters discussion much better. The trade-off is that everyone here is an idiot child and so the discussion belongs in a trash can.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Arby911
You sound...jealous...

Of having 17 Tubescreamer clones that I can't differentiate?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Of having 17 Tubescreamer clones that I can't differentiate?

Nah, you're not that person.

Not sure where you got that idea about GG&A though. TGP sure, it's common, but not around here.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by nightraven
Yeah, it's basically an amateur version of TGP. They've got the boutweaker elitism but without the expensive wall of amplifiers behind it.

Some actually have really nice amps and there's a bunch of regulars there who are quite helpful and patient to a fault.
Yeah the GG&A guys are pretty nice, and the only thing they have a gratuitous amount of are barbecue grills

Threads don't get responses like they used to because the same questions pop up that have been answered dozens of times, plus in case you haven't noticed, this entire forum isn't nearly as active as it used to be
shows what you know its all about muff clones now and fender combos now
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by theogonia777

Do you even come into G G&A? We're normally warning people away from overpriced "boutique" clones. I think you have us confused with TGP.

Also I like the irony of someone from MT complaining about another UG subforum for being elitist.

Quote by Arby911

Not sure where you got that idea about GG&A though. TGP sure, it's common, but not around here.

+1

Quote by CL/\SH
Yeah the GG&A guys are pretty nice, and the only thing they have a gratuitous amount of are barbecue grills

I don't have any grills
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 13, 2015,
Page 1 of 2