Page 1 of 2
Everyone loves the Kardashian Klan. They are everywhere now. However do they promote unattainable body standards for girls growing up? Should they be stopped?

(kendall is a qt)

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
They're not though so they compare themselves to these women and create self esteem issues.

It's probably mens fault for creating impossible body standards anyway

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
don't blame them for looking the way they do lol blame cosmopolitan and all that shit for tryna make everybody think they gotta look like that too

and all those jenner kids don't got shit on kim just keeping it real here
Quote by EndTheRapture51
They're not though so they compare themselves to these women and create self esteem issues.

Then let's just nuke ourselves to the point where having the right number of fingers and toes(on the correct hands and feet) is the sexiest thing ever.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I don't think everyone loves them.
I'd bet more people are sick of this Beverly Hillbilly trash family than love them.
Why would you consider that unattainable?I don't think there's anything wrong with being thin, taking care of your figure and looking good.That's like saying maybe bodybuilding should be stopped because not every guy can look like that.Maybe Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai should be stopped because of playing too awesome and fast and no one can match them?
Quote by King Shredder
Why would you consider that unattainable?I don't think there's anything wrong with being thin, taking care of your figure and looking good.That's like saying maybe bodybuilding should be stopped because not every guy can look like that.Maybe Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai should be stopped because of playing too awesome and fast and no one can match them?
Maybe you should post more to make all our shitposting seem more intelligent by comparison.
Quote by Diemon Dave
first world 1% problems

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by King Shredder

You SURE showed us...
Quote by EndTheRapture51

(kendall is a qt)

How can you tell them apart?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Stopped from doing what?

"Hey Kim.. Stop having a good body please because its not fair on the kids."?
Man, at least #bradthreads have charisma. This is like crapping your pants and trying to hide it with deodorant.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Man, at least #bradthreads have charisma. This is like crapping your pants and trying to hide it with deodorant.

Is Kylie Jenner a transphobe for naming her bunny Bruce?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Oddly specific simile. Fess up Ali.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by ali.guitarkid7

I wanna hear the story behind this.
How come if there's an attractive women in the media you can criticize her for giving other woman supposed self-esteem issues? If a person see another person who's attractive and it gives them some sort of mental anguish there's obviously an underlying issue beforehand. why do we blame the celebrity for promoting 'unattainable body standards'? Obviously its attainable if someone has it. What kind of person wallows in misery at this point rather then using this person as inspiration to become like them.

In all seriousness what the hell is wrong with modern society. I've seen plenty men throughout my life like athletes, bodybuilders or movie stars and felt envy for the way they looked. But instead of feeling sorry for myself I worked out, got hair cuts or worse clothes similar to theres.

These are the same people who feel stressed and take anti-anxiety medications, instead of using that stress for its purpose - motivation to solve your problems causing stress. Envy, like stress is a natural emotion that helps us become better humans. People need to start learning to accept and use it rather then blaming the source of it.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Let's just say you can't go wrong with Axe and a few adult diapers when simultaneous IBS and allergies act up.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Let's just say you can't go wrong with Axe and a few adult diapers when simultaneous IBS and allergies act up.

Ali_the_fox
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Man, at least #bradthreads have charisma.

You know, this puts it very succinctly. Nice.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Wiegenlied at #33545573
How come if there's an attractive women in the media you can criticize her for giving other woman supposed self-esteem issues?

You can, but most don't. It's cuz Rapture thinks feminists talking about excessive photoshopping for magazine covers and the overbearing use of impossibly thin, digitally-perfected women (which all amounts to overkill) coupled with the idea that women's value is boner-dependent is the exact same thing as saying that women with good bodies promote unattainable standards (which uh, let's think about that term for a second with regards to the first half of this long-ass sentence).
Whats so wrong about them in those pictures
they look like theyre at healthy weights and shit so I dont get your point
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, girls should be smarter than that.

and if they're not, they deserve all the eating disorders ever
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Skinny girls are skinny. What is problem.

Media is powerful. Different conversation entirely.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE

Hey I know this is a joke and all but it's not a great thing to read when it's totally possible that plenty of the people on here have eating disorders
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, girls should be smarter than that.

This is like saying only dumb people get depressed lol. "Just stop doing it, you will be fine."
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Seriously though, don't use Kartrashians as your standard of beauty.
If a young girl has real depression or eating disorders that's another topic, those things are more likely due to biology rather than blaming famous idiots.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE

Please go dunk your head in a toilet. It might remove that shitty attitude and terrible humor.
Oh boy, another guaranteed response thread made by EndTheRapture. I can't wait to read the replies of everyone agreeing with another and arguing over the semantics.

I have had an eating disorder (AN) and body image issues for many years now. Mine did not happen because I looked at a picture of (attractive famous person from 2006) and decided that I needed to be like them. However, societal beauty standards and what the media generally promotes certainly exacerbated it.

This is just for me - there are many people who have eating disorders who developed it just from media exposure, and there are those for whom the media had no effect whatsoever. If you are genuinely curious about why people do this, just go to any eating disorder forum that does not promote recovery and you will see. In fact, most of them would say that the Kardashians are fat or at the very least, not goals (except maybe Kendall, but only because she is tall).

Re: the media, you can't just say that people who are influenced by them are stupid and should know better, when you have 12 year olds watching beauty vlogs on yt who all promote a certain lifestyle (and often health/diet products which they are not qualified to talk about) or when you consider the fact that malnutrition literally makes it harder for you to think.

In any case, it is none of these individuals' faults. I like Kim because she is very upfront about her procedures and beauty routine and learning about what her makeup artist does helped me figure out that the same style looks good on my face and it helped me improve my makeup skills.
cat
Quote by EyeNon15
Kartrashians

Brutal.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
well, unattainable only really applies to some, the majority of people would look good if they only ate well and exercised. For most, it's that easy. Then there are the girls my age that starve themselves instead, which is probably the dumbest thing, because really it's only hurting yourself in the long run.

But photoshopping models to make their already healthy bodies look even skinnier and enlarging breasts and butt is just not okay. That crosses the line a lot. That needs to be abolished, along with starving yourself to make yourself skinnier.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Why do you think men are to blame? Many glamour magazines and articles that promote female beauty are written by fashionista women...
Quote by vintage x metal
This is like saying only dumb people get depressed lol. "Just stop doing it, you will be fine."

TBH, I was referring to the Kardashians as the girls who should be smarter, but whatever.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 2