I got this in a trade for my Ibanez S premium. Good trade, I think. The guitar is brand new.
The stuff that comes out of the Mexican factory is top notch. The fretwork on this guitar is impeccable, especially for the price point. Not a huge fan of the pickups (JB/59) but they work alright for now Eventually I'll probably put BKPs or something else fun in.
It's surprisingly hefty, actually, especially considering its size. I've noticed that Dinkys for whatever reason tend to be - the MIJ one I owned a couple years back was also quite heavy. The silverburst is really gorgeous. Again, I'm really impressed with the fit and finish.
For those of you wondering about the neck joint, I have small hands and can do 6 string sweeps at the 22nd fret quite easily. Overall, really nice guitar.

What would you guys recommend for pickups for this?

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Awesome.

I think part of the reason Dinky's are fairly heavy is because of the thickness of the body. My MIJ DK2M is the same. Especially after I put a Schaller FR in it.

Something interesting about the new Dinky's I've noticed is the location of the switch has changed. It's now higher up the guitar. On older Dinky's, it was right under the volume and tone knobs.

What is it you don't like about the pickups? The JB/59 set imo is great.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Awesome.

I think part of the reason Dinky's are fairly heavy is because of the thickness of the body. My MIJ DK2M is the same. Especially after I put a Schaller FR in it.

Something interesting about the new Dinky's I've noticed is the location of the switch has changed. It's now higher up the guitar. On older Dinky's, it was right under the volume and tone knobs.

What is it you don't like about the pickups? The JB/59 set imo is great.

It's not the switch that moved, I think it was the volume control.

As far as the pickups, the JB has this cocked wah thing I don't like and the 59 is too boomy. Considering Full Shreds and a Distortion/Jazz set.

I may be spoiled by the BK CBomb/VHII I have in my LTD, though.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by oneblackened at #33545736
It's not the switch that moved, I think it was the volume control.

Actually, both the volume knob and the switch have moved.

The front screw that mounts the pickup switch is just behind the height adjustment screw for the bridge pickup on my guitar. On your guitar, the front screw that mounts the switch is in front of it. The switch has moved further up.
As far as the pickups, the JB has this cocked wah thing I don't like and the 59 is too boomy. Considering Full Shreds and a Distortion/Jazz set.

I may be spoiled by the BK CBomb/VHII I have in my LTD, though.

I prefer the Jazz pickup in the neck to the 59.

I like the JB in my guitar. It seems to be fairly well balanced to me, especially when I put a bigger block in the trem. The SH-6 is a pretty amazing high-gain pickup though.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2015,
Congrats beautiful guitar before I bought my MIJ DK2 I played almost the exact one in the store (had no trem) I would have picked it up had I had the money. Loved the maple fretboard even though I was almost deadset on having dem shark inlays LOL.

When I came back to the store with the money it was gone. Love my MIJ Jackson to death but the DK2M I played was a dream as well.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Sweet

My DKMGT is crazy light.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Sweet

My DKMGT is crazy light.

Really? Mine is an anchor!

And I'm realizing how nice bending is on flatter boards. Most of my guitars are about 13.7-14" radius and the 16 inch that Jackson has further up the board is CRAZY nice.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Super-cool!

Is the neck oil-finished or satin poly? I believe the MIJ were satin poly, as I haven't seen the typical dirty spots on those, but T00DEEPBLUE is free to correct/confirm.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR at #33546946
Super-cool!

Is the neck oil-finished or satin poly? I believe the MIJ were satin poly, as I haven't seen the typical dirty spots on those, but T00DEEPBLUE is free to correct/confirm.

Yup, you're right.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's oil, I'm pretty sure. Plays like a goddamn dream.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened

yeah, i guess i got lucky
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mine's quite light.

Originally came with a JB and Jazz. I swapped both for a newer JB and a 59. I love the JB's cocked wah thing (Schenker fan), and I like the 59's character.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Very nice! Glad that you like it.

I've got a serious thing for maple fretboard dinkies - I've got two of the Japanese DK2Ms, and I've been sorely tempted by these newer ones. I just can't really justify it to myself at the moment because I've not been playing that much.

But daamn, that looks nice.
Very nice! Makes me want to buy a jackson again. I had three (two MIJ) and i sold them off.

I am a ibanez convert now though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So as an update: I've decided to give magnet swaps a shot - changing the JB's Alnico 5 to an Alnico 8, and the 59 either to an Alnico 4 or an Alnico 8.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened

And I'm realizing how nice bending is on flatter boards. Most of my guitars are about 13.7-14" radius and the 16 inch that Jackson has further up the board is CRAZY nice.

I agree with Dave both my DKMG and DKMGT are pretty light!
Must be different wood DKMG/DKMGT are alder.

Anyway great axe HNGD!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
I agree with Dave both my DKMG and DKMGT are pretty light!
Must be different wood DKMG/DKMGT are alder.

Anyway great axe HNGD!

DK2Ms are alder. The concept that not all wood is cut equal should not be forgotten. TBH, mine's not really "light". It's heavier than, say, an SG or a Strat, or a good number of other superstrats, but still not very heavy.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Last edited by Archer250 at Aug 16, 2015,
I mean it's not Les Paul heavy, but it's quite a bit heavier than my MH400 and my Horizon NT7.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
My gosh I love the new Jackson Pro Series models! Have a Jackson RRMG myself. Been wanting the satin finished Dinky pro that comes with EMG's. And those pickups are fine imo. But I of course would prefer an EMG 81/60, or an 81/89.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by oneblackened
I mean it's not Les Paul heavy, but it's quite a bit heavier than my MH400 and my Horizon NT7.

Same here. DEFINITELY heavier than a Strat or a Chapman ML-1
Gear:
Quote by Archer250
DK2Ms are alder. The concept that not all wood is cut equal should not be forgotten.

Yeah alder can vary quite a bit in weight. I've come across really light alder guitars, and actually getting on for pretty heavy ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?