I've recently bought a new guitar with floyd rose system and I'm not really familiar with that. Anyway when I put the whammy bar and pulled up, 5 of 6 strings just broke. Considering that I read that when changing strings on a guitar with floyd rose you have to change one by one or you'll have to re-set the intonation and tremolo springs or something like that but anyway since I'm not familiar with that I just brought it back and they fixed it for me. But, I've also heard (and seen) that you can do much more things with floyd rose than with tremolo without getting your guitar out of tune (for example divebombs). My problem is that every time I bend strings a bit more ''aggressive'' (I won't even say what happens when I pull the whammy bar up or even down) my guitar just goes out of tune and that really annoying. So my question is: should that happen? And if shouldn't, how do I fix it? And should I tune guitar in only one tuning or I can change it? I would really any help. Thanks. Oh and sorry for bad english..

The guitar is Cort X2 VNFR if that can help.
Last edited by GameTabs at Aug 12, 2015,
Somebody has been feeding you a lot of misinformation.

Regardless of whether you restring each string one by one or not, you may still have to adjust the intonation. You shouldn't have to mess with the springs whatsoever if the new strings are the same gauge is the old ones. Whether you change each string one at a time or not, it doesn't make any difference.

What's causing your guitar to have poor tuning stability could be a number of things. But you're not providing very much information that might suggest what's causing the problem. You need to be specific in describing how your bridge is set up. Showing us pics really makes life a lot easier for diagnosis as well. So show pics if you can.

EDIT: I've just googled the guitar model you've mentioned and it's got a traditional Fender-style fulcrum bridge. Not a Floyd Rose. The fulcrum bridges are designed in such a way that they don't have as good tuning stability as a Floyd. You cannot expect to dive the bar until the strings are slack and expect the guitar to go back into tune. The bridge you have is just not designed to facilitate that kind of abuse. Even if you do set the guitar up properly.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2015,
Well the problem is that I know nothing about that so I cannot be any more specific than I am. But thanks anyway.

Did you see the black model with green skulls? because that's the one that has the floyd rose

Here's the link but if that's the one you're talking about then ok
http://img04.olx.in/images_olxin/44390551_6_1000x700_cort-x2-vnfr-limited-edition-electric-guitar-.jpg

Edit: I'm not even using the whammy bar and it's still getting out of tune while I'm playing
You don't have to change strings one by one but it makes life easier. Changing strings doesn't go with intonation, but on a new guitar you should check intonation anyway.

When you do aggressive bends the tremolo moves with you so other strings go out of tune momentarily but tuning should recover afterward. Same with pushing or pulling the whammy bar.

Straight going out of tuning for all the strings shouldn't happen. But if the strings are new, then it'll happen until they are stretched.

You can change tuning of course.

So I'd say, stretch the strings. Tune. Repeat. Once there's some stability use the tremolo. If things keep going out of tune, you may need to add another spring, or replace the ones you have.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Aug 12, 2015,
idk mr tabs, sounds like a heap of trouble. breaking 5 strings at a time is pretty wild. either you play like a yeti and no trem is up to your awesomeness or your axe has issues.

the key word with floyds is "balance" unless of course you block it up, but then the point is moot. take it back to the shop that "fixed" it and see what they say.

-are your strings fully stretched?
-are your strings locked down at both ends?
-you can tune however you like but you will have to re-"balance" the system if the string tension differs significantly from the original set up.
-you don't have to change one string at a time, just block up the back end beneath the fine tuners, or the front end of the tone block from the back of the guitar if you need to remove all of them.
-no need to mess with springs during a string change.
-no need to mess with intonation at string change time unless you move up or down a gage (as with any guitar). with the floyd as well as any other knife edge fulcrum trem, "balance" has to happen or you will have endless problems.

some ltd's have a floyd -as in Cort X2 VNFR:

Last edited by ad_works at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by GameTabs at #33545732
Well the problem is that I know nothing about that so I cannot be any more specific than I am. But thanks anyway.

Did you see the black model with green skulls? because that's the one that has the floyd rose

Here's the link but if that's the one you're talking about then ok
http://img04.olx.in/images_olxin/44390551_6_1000x700_cort-x2-vnfr-limited-edition-electric-guitar-.jpg

Edit: I'm not even using the whammy bar and it's still getting out of tune while I'm playing

Have you simply googled how to set up a Floyd Rose so that you actually know what you're doing?

There's guides like this everywhere that'll help you.

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/FloydTuning.htm
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Have you simply googled how to set up a Floyd Rose so that you actually know what you're doing?

There's guides like this everywhere that'll help you.

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/FloydTuning.htm

I didn't do anything actually. The guy in the shop did everything so I just had to tune it and I did but I've played about 10 minutes without even using whammy bar and it got out of tune.
But if I have to play it and tune it over and over again until strings are stretched (like dthmtl3 said), it's not a problem at all I just wanted to know if it's normal that it's getting out of tune too often