Page 1 of 2
Im just curious what people's feelings are regarding Rob Chapman? And no Im not Rob Chapman, nor affiliated with him in anyway. Just trying to get a concensus.
Well, I think he's kind of a wanker. Videos are mildly entertaining. What's he actually famous for?
Why do you want a consensus?

He's a bit of a knob for all kinds of reasons. He's a really lazy guitar player for somebody who plays guitar for a living. The way he markets his brand of guitars is grossly misleading. And he's just an obnoxious character in general.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2015,
Merely curiosity. I will offer my own thoughts after a i get enough feedback. Not that anyone cares.
never met the dude but he seems dorky in his videos.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Seems like he can play. I don't care much for his views. When he does videos with the other guy those are more helpful as that guy has more informative things to say. I guess I appreciate the work he does in putting out videos about guitars and guitar playing.
Quote by Dick Savage at #33546046
Merely curiosity. I will offer my own thoughts after a i get enough feedback. Not that anyone cares.

So you don't want to hold a contrarian opinion for fear of getting 'flamed', which is why you're going to change your answer based on what is the convenient majority's opinion.

nice
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
No man,not at all!

Im just interested in seeing what people think because i know what i see. Im just not stating my views so that it doesn't pollute anyone's opinion. I promise ill give you my views when iv got enough responses. Im not afraid of being flamed trust me. Just dont want to be nutral for a moment and collect some information.
With all due respect, nobody is really going to care what your views are on Rob Chapman are. You may as well spill the beans.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Dick Savage
No man,not at all!

Im just interested in seeing what people think because i know what i see. Im just not stating my views so that it doesn't pollute anyone's opinion. I promise ill give you my views when iv got enough responses. Im not afraid of being flamed trust me. Just dont want to be nutral for a moment and collect some information.

Stop standing back from the diving board, climb up and jump off. Just tell us what you think, no one really cares.

OT: I think he's a bit of a douche.
I enjoy his videos as long as I keep who he is in perspective. He's a salesman for himself, Dorje, and Chapman Guitars first followed closely behind by being a salesman for Andertons. If you notice they never really say anything too critical in any of their reviews because their job isn't to dissuade you from buying something. But if you watch enough videos you can piece together their actual opinions. For instance in videos where they review EMG pickups or guitars with EMG pickups they usually sound pretty positive about the pickups but in some of the other videos where they aren't reviewing emgs it becomes clear that they don't really like emgs/active pickups all that much.
"Stormwitch" 2008 Gibson Explorer w/EMG Het Set
"Mah'Alleinir" 2011 Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro
"Brunbjorn" 2008 Gibson Explorer Faded Walnut Brown
Epiphone 2005 Les Paul Standard Ebony (C Standard)
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 4x12
I like chappers more then ola englund and shonobel tone or who ever the hell he is... not exactly a positive statement there, the fact they get stupid amounts of money for doing piss poor reviews makes me want to kick kittens.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by KrymsinViking
I enjoy his videos as long as I keep who he is in perspective. He's a salesman for himself, Dorje, and Chapman Guitars first followed closely behind by being a salesman for Andertons. If you notice they never really say anything too critical in any of their reviews because their job isn't to dissuade you from buying something. But if you watch enough videos you can piece together their actual opinions. For instance in videos where they review EMG pickups or guitars with EMG pickups they usually sound pretty positive about the pickups but in some of the other videos where they aren't reviewing emgs it becomes clear that they don't really like emgs/active pickups all that much.

Basically this.
I watch their videos, I enjoy their videos and I like Chapman Guitars as a brand. However, the chef will always say the food tastes good, so you have to form your own opinions.

From what I can tell, the majority of people who have tried Chapman Guitars share the opinion that they're well made and reasonably priced, the pickups are okay/meh and the setup is decent enough.

I'm not a major fan of his shredding and Dorje is okay, but not really my thing.

There you go, Dick Savage. Your turn!
I just wish he would get a decent haircut and wear shirts that fit. He tends to look like a Phish fan circa 1995.
I dig him and his stuff. I don't see how you could dislike him. He seems like an extraordinarily nice guy, he's a really good player, anyone who doubts it, just check out some stuff that's actually about playing. Lessons he's done and such. - he has promoted and helped make a name for pretty much all the people he works with. That Rabea Massaad is one of the best guitar-players i've ever heard, and he's gaining traction because of Rob.

He let's people design guitars in his name, and sells them hundreds of pounds cheaper than other brands would (By skipping out on a distributor)

Most importantly, he's just a fun character. A nerdy guy. 40 years old, and probably one of the most excitable and childish (In that good way) people i've ever come across. The kind of guy who will actually do things, instead of just talking about doing them. Like.. I don't know, people on internet-forums ;D

All in all. I'm not a big fan of his, i find him abit lacking or subpar in certain areas. But he's just a dude. He's him. Why would i piss on him, just because he's doing well? Honestly, theres nothing more disgusting than these communities, that, whenever someone actually makes something of themselves, everyone else will start pissing on them. I hate that.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
i like the videos'. he seems to be fairly objective (as objective as you can be, when you own a guitar brand yourself). i have never seen any of their video's where they seemed to be unfairly partial or unfairly critical to any particular brand.
yeah he owns his own brand there, so what? have never seen him badmouthing anyone else.
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
He's a better player than me, more famous than me, has richer friends than me, more guitars than me. So what? Am I supposed to hate someone for being somewhat successful and actively making a living? Don't think so. Although he is a bit weird and a vegetarian (How do you get to be a fat vegetarian? Cakes?) I'm neither weird or a vegetarian so I guess I win.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
he's a polarizing figure for the ever-fickle, ever-unpredictable guitar community lol. Honestly? I give him major props for starting as a no name guitar player at and now has his own guitar company. He built his own domain, he started doing lessons and the youtube videos (he gets carried away sometimes [ok all the time] demoing gear), and made a living doing what he loves. Some people hate him, but i think he's entertaining and the guitar community has benefitted from his presence.

Some people just latch onto an idiosyncrasy they don't like and that's it, they become blind to the big picture.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Aug 12, 2015,
I don't have a problem with him. His videos are entertaining from time to time. He plays well, but I am not a fan of his band. I haven't laid a hand on one of his guitars, so no comment there. He is goofy at times, but at least he shows his interest/excitement.

I don't see anything wrong with him.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok ill spill it.
#1 I think he is extremely arrogant.
#2 I think he is a dishonest salesman.
#3 I find his humor bland.
#4 I think hes motivated by self interest alone.
#5 I think he wastes alot of time "reviewing" things.
#6 Hes an attention *****.
#7 He is in no way interested in giving any real information.

Im not even gonna get started on Lee Anderton. I think the two of them are about as dishonest as they can be.

Sorry for all the mystery. I have my reasons.
Quote by Dick Savage
Im just curious what people's feelings are regarding Rob Chapman? And no Im not Rob Chapman, nor affiliated with him in anyway. Just trying to get a concensus.

Many years ago I was having a difficult time....lost a job because of health difficulties (distended scrotum). I met Chapman at a greasy diner in Manhattan in December of '80. Chapman was running drugs for the Jollywogs Street Gang and doing some pimping on the side. He saw me at the counter and offered to buy me breakfast and coffee....if I'd do him a favor.

Chapman let me eat my breakfast then gave me $10 with directions to buy him some .38 special ammunition from a nearby ammo shop...said he couldn't buy it because of parole restrictions. I took the $10, went and bought the ammo, and brought it back to Chapman.

The next day I heard Chapman had shot John Lennon with a .38 special.

SO I THINK ROB CHAPMAN IS A MURDERER...THAT IS WHAT I THINK OF HIM!!
Quote by Dick Savage
Ok ill spill it.
#1 I think he is extremely arrogant.
#2 I think he is a dishonest salesman.
#3 I find his humor bland.
#4 I think hes motivated by self interest alone.
#5 I think he wastes alot of time "reviewing" things.
#6 Hes an attention *****.
#7 He is in no way interested in giving any real information.

Im not even gonna get started on Lee Anderton. I think the two of them are about as dishonest as they can be.

Sorry for all the mysterb. I have my reasons[/b.

Care to elaborate?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Well i basically wanted to see if his self promotion is simple good marketing or is it far more twisted. Im gathering that its far more twisted. I really cant fault the guy for promoting himself, but i am not down for shady underhanded tactics which i think he is guilty of. Now i know some people bash him solely for his success which is wrong. I just watched alot of the videos and at first i liked him and then i realized that he dont give two shits about anyone as long as him and Lee make money selling kids on shit after horribly miss informing them strategically. Its just another form a vulture in the world we dont need. But i can honestly say i think Lee's Horns are much more grown in than Rob's. I think he may be the real evil doer and Rob is has becone his puppet because Lee is the cash machine.
Don't they make it fairly clear though that they're in the business of selling stuff? And Chapman is reviewing the competition's guitars, he doesn't seem overly biased as far as I can tell.
Quote by Dick Savage
Well i basically wanted to see if his self promotion is simple good marketing or is it far more twisted. Im gathering that its far more twisted. I really cant fault the guy for promoting himself, but i am not down for shady underhanded tactics which i think he is guilty of. Now i know some people bash him solely for his success which is wrong. I just watched alot of the videos and at first i liked him and then i realized that he dont give two shits about anyone as long as him and Lee make money selling kids on shit after horribly miss informing them strategically. Its just another form a vulture in the world we dont need. But i can honestly say i think Lee's Horns are much more grown in than Rob's. I think he may be the real evil doer and Rob is has becone his puppet because Lee is the cash machine.

Right... what?
Do you have any real proof that he's doing anything particularly shady and are you really angry that Lee - a shop owner - is trying to sell things?
He is a sales guy and he sells stuff. Sometimes sales guys exaggerate a bit. I don't pay much attention to him but I know who he is and he probably has not showered today.
Knowing who he is probably means he is effective at selling stuff.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
No they dont make it clear. Theres been numerous times when Lee has corrected rob during a review when he plugs in a american strat after a squier and he says man theres a major difference here and Lee is like no its alot more similar right Rob? RIGHT?!!!!! I mean he didnt say that literally but that sort of thing happens constantly. Then Rob pretty frequently is rude as shit to Lee.. They both seem to me like assholes!!! but iv never met them im just going off what they've shown me.
i love how musicians who don't make money spend so much energy hating guys who make money. props to him for making a living doing what he loves

if you think he's biased, go to one of the 50 million other reviewers. you have a stake in the market as much as anyone else simply by ignoring him and moving on

i just don't understand the hostility. way to show how mature and intelligent the guitar community is, guys
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Not to mention i think its pretty safe to say there "blind" comparisons are a croc of shit. And that is dishonest!!!
Intelligence has nothing to do with it at all.

Besides, all i wanted was some data, i got it, i kept up my end of expressing my opinion so....why all the hate? I am entitled to dislike the guys business strategy correct? And i think i stated i dont dislike him bexause because of his success its the means of which he acheieved it.
Quote by Dick Savage
i kept up my end of expressing my opinion so....why all the hate?

Because people don't like people who are irrationally angry about unimportant things.
Quote by Hail
i love how musicians who don't make money spend so much energy hating guys who make money. props to him for making a living doing what he loves

if you think he's biased, go to one of the 50 million other reviewers. you have a stake in the market as much as anyone else simply by ignoring him and moving on

i just don't understand the hostility. way to show how mature and intelligent the guitar community is, guys

+1 I too don't understand the hostility towards successful musicians who do anything other than play in a band. (he does too, but nobody i know of hates him for his band).

Dick, don't be so butthurt from him.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Oh im not butthurt by the guy not at all. Something about the spectacle he's created intrigued me and i merely wanted to conduct a little research. No reason for anyone to get all out of sorts. As we have all stated this entire thread is of no importance.
Quote by Dick Savage
I only stated my views because it was requested. It was not crucial to my experiment.

Enlighten me. What is this experiment?

Other than that, kindly **** off, you really aren't contributing to the forum.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
He seems like a smart enough businessman in the way he has used his youtube following to create a small start up guitar company and make it this rapidly growing business. "thinking" his comparisons are croc shit and "thinking" he and Anderton use underhanded tactics to sell things does not a dishonest person make...
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Page 1 of 2