I don't think UG has many posts about the Digitech Drop. I just got one today, and I think is is pretty neat. For players with really crisp, clean tones, you might start noticing some tone roll off the lower you detune. For dirtier tones it doesn't seem as noticeable. Having something to boost those frequencies back would be beneficial.

I use mine so I don't have to play in keys like Eb, Db, F. Like a capo that tunes town. I know I'm a bit lazy. I also don't feel like writing a full review on it...

Anyone else using the Drop? Or other poly pitch pedals?
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 12, 2015,
Pics/review/demo, etc. Not to be a pain, i am curious. How does it track?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
TBH as far as videos, a lot of people have done videos on it already. I probably should have went a bit more in depth in the OP though...

It does track really well, I don't notice any artifacts. The octave lower sounds kinda flabby, but that's due in part to other pieces of equip as well, like the amp speaker range. The octave lower + dry sounds neat though, although I have the Micro POG for that.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 12, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
TBH as far as videos, a lot of people have done videos on it already. I probably should have went a bit more in depth in the OP though...

It does track really well, I don't notice any artifacts. The octave lower sounds kinda flabby, but that's due in part to other pieces of equip as well, like the amp speaker range. The octave lower + dry sounds neat though, although I have the Micro POG for that.

I don't expect a vid from you on the spot, but you could at least do a proper NPD. i was kind of hinting on that ^.

Keep in mind i haven't tried one, and am interested. Is it odd to 'feel' a different note on the guitar and hear a different note? I have always wondered that.

I will have to try one though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I have one and like it as well. I also got it to avoid dealing with alternate tunings on my Floyd Rose equipped Warlock. And also as a way to perhaps avoid giving myself an excuse to buy a 7-string guitar.
I really wanna get one of these, probably will be my next pricey guitar related purchase. Does it work pretty well with distortion? Though it might be convenient to have for lower riffs without having to detune.
Also got this pedal, but to me its more something to play around with and have fun when I don't feel like down tuning my guitars. Would no use it at a gig cause I cant get used the guitar tuning difference between guitar and amp wise if you know what I mean.
Quote by robje2000
Also got this pedal, but to me its more something to play around with and have fun when I don't feel like down tuning my guitars. Would no use it at a gig cause I cant get used the guitar tuning difference between guitar and amp wise if you know what I mean.

That is what I was thinking that would be odd. Any one else feel the same?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by robje2000

How do you hear the acoustic sound over your amp? I have one of these pedals and I can't even hear acoustic at apartment volumes. Non-issue for this pedal, in my experience.

Once you get to about 5 half steps down the tone gets a touch muddy, but that would happen detuning the pegs anyway. EQ resolves it.
I have the same frequency issue on the downtune section of my whammy DT. I notice it strips a bit of distortion, too.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I don't expect a vid from you on the spot, but you could at least do a proper NPD. i was kind of hinting on that ^.

Keep in mind i haven't tried one, and am interested. Is it odd to 'feel' a different note on the guitar and hear a different note? I have always wondered that.

I will have to try one though.
Right. It was late for me last night when I posted this, and I've been off my game a bit for the past few days. I wasn't planning on making a NPD for it, just a bit of a discussion for UG.

For distortion, I didn't notice the rolloff as much. You might get down to -4 or -5 before the rolloff would bug you. Digitech Drop with Boneshaker

As far as the note on the guitar compared to the note sounded, I don't notice it. The lower you detune the more it will feel a bit awkward, though. When I play P&W, I don't have any sort of transcribed material so I think in scale degrees for chords and notes. So it's a lot like transposing on an electric piano. It is kind of odd to hear a C tonality when playing a D shape chord, or a D tonality when playing an E shape.

I think part of the slight bit of rolloff the lower you detune is part of a faux-baritone guitar kind of thing. Rather than making a low E, drop tuned to B, just as bright as an E would normally sound, it makes it kind of dark as a baritone guitar might would. Of course the reason might also be that polyphonic pitch shifting is super difficult, but the Drop is still probably one of the best units for that. The Morpheus probably holds the place for pitch up, but I'd rather use lower tones than higher.
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 13, 2015,
nice pedal more usable if it had a cent value control to dial in any tuning.
I notice that lot pre 2k didn't care much on exact pitch

(probably still don't)