I am on the fence. I like them both, but I am seeking opinions. I have a malekko 616 and malekko 616 lo-fi, and i like them and they have taken good care of me. Cmattmods has a great rep, but the only experience with them is the signa drive, and it was nice.

I don't plan on going past the $100 mark used. I am open to ideas, but my research has led me to the malekko and the cmattmods.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i compared the retrosonic and cmatmods phasers a while back: www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/cmatmods-vs-retrosonic-phasers-results.963617/

omicron was okay, from memory. nothing special. find a homebrew psilocybe if you can, will be around your price used, and is probably the most tits phaser i've played (apart from ph-1r but that has a volume boost).
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i compared the retrosonic and cmatmods phasers a while back: www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/cmatmods-vs-retrosonic-phasers-results.963617/

omicron was okay, from memory. nothing special. find a homebrew psilocybe if you can, will be around your price used, and is probably the most tits phaser i've played (apart from ph-1r but that has a volume boost).

I will look into those. thanks. The HBE looks the best under quick inspection. Second seems to be the cmatmods.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I could be wrong, but I've heard some complaints about HBE pedals' build quality. I know my Big D (granted, I got it s/h on ebay) is iffy.

I'm also guessing if it's HBE that it's a clone of some kind. Most (all?) of their pedals are. (I haven't tried the psilocybe.)

I just use an MXR or the EHX one (granted, EHX also gets a lot of complaints about build quality).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I could be wrong, but I've heard some complaints about HBE pedals' build quality. I know my Big D (granted, I got it s/h on ebay) is iffy.

I'm also guessing if it's HBE that it's a clone of some kind. Most (all?) of their pedals are. (I haven't tried the psilocybe.)

I just use an MXR or the EHX one (granted, EHX also gets a lot of complaints about build quality).

I will look into that for sure. I think the cmattmods is my favorite so far if HBE is sketchy , but I am still looking at the others. I need to do some more research.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
sketchy is maybe a bit strong, but you know what I mean.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not sure what you want in a phaser but the one that i really like is pretty cheap but does the job for me big time. Deltalab. don't laugh it's actually pretty good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
sketchy is maybe a bit strong, but you know what I mean.

Yea. I know what you mean. If there is question about it, I will stay away. The cmattmods is equally nice sounding, and I trust their reputation. Better safe than sorry.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by monwobobbo
not sure what you want in a phaser but the one that i really like is pretty cheap but does the job for me big time. Deltalab. don't laugh it's actually pretty good.

I will check it out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
my overall rec is to get something with a regen knob. sometimes at slow speeds, phasers just don't poke out as much as you want. this is where the regen knob comes in handy.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
my overall rec is to get something with a regen knob. sometimes at slow speeds, phasers just don't poke out as much as you want. this is where the regen knob comes in handy.

Makes sense.

I am pretty sold on the cmatmods at this point. I like it, readily available in price range, solid reputation.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I am torn. I like the cmat mods phaser a lot. It has the level control, which is very nice, BUT i really like the "color" control on the malekko which the others lack. I really like the color feature, i think that it would be good, because I go from tele to strat to les paul all the time and it may work better for different pickups.

Further thoughts?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
After researching all night, I think the retrosonic is oit. It seems too univibe and chorus-esque.

So its malekko for having the color feature (which is one thing I like a lot.

Or its cmat mods because it has the level.

Price will be a factor, and one other thing going for the malekko is that the footprint is tiny,.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Yea. I know what you mean. If there is question about it, I will stay away. The cmattmods is equally nice sounding, and I trust their reputation. Better safe than sorry.

yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?